Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Picture provided by European Leadership on LinkedIn
Quickly sharing some great videos for the weekend:
- TED Playlist: How to overcome your fears
- TED interview with Simon Sinek: How to discover your "why" in difficult times
- How to Stop Holding Yourself Back | Simon Sinek
- The PROBLEM with Being the BEST | Simon Sinek
- Why Your Job is Just "Fine" | Simon Sinek
- 21 Tiny Habits to Improve Your Life in 2021 Effortlessly
"We should never let reality interfere with our dreams. Reality can't see what we can see." -- Simon Sinek
Had a great Father's Day today. It started with a nice breakfast, with scrambled eggs and pancakes. Then a bicycle tour with my wife and finally a tasty cake for the afternoon Espresso 👍.
Tomorrow a lot of people will have a bridge day, meaning a long weekend, also the schools are closed. I decided to go for work, have some tasks to finish and it is not so busy when most of the colleagues are away from their home office desks.
On 18-Jun-21 we will have the first Learning Day, a whole day reserved for the Finance and Strategy department to learn something new. Either alone or in teams, something you always wanted to look into, but never had the time so far, as we all have very busy schedules. When the whole department is off, there is much less pressure for people to join planned meetings or to finish tasks. Besides participating in the offered training classes there is also the opportunity to offer sessions and workshops for the colleagues. I will host my USP (Unique Selling Point) workshop in the morning, and offer the Elevator Pitch session in the afternoon. Will be fun and a change to my daily activities ...
Just in case you have a bridge day tomorrow as well, here some interesting material to look at:
- Make Learning Stick. Best Practices to Get the Most out of Leadership Development
- The Shadowology Collection Part 2 by Vicent Bal
- The 3 things that keep people feeling motivated at work
- HOW TO NOT BE A COMPLETE IDIOT IN YOUR NEXT MEETING
- Why the first five minutes of a meeting shape its outcome
- TED Playlist: How to motivate your best self
Picture provided by European Leadership
Short collection of interesting links to start your week:
- The Female Lead: A Letter to my Daughter
- The company where colleagues decide your salary
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE IN LEADERSHIP IS CRUCIAL: 19 CONSIDERATIONS
- Seth Godin: Why the blockchain matters
- Rob Lambert for Cultivated Management: Some thoughts on meetings
"A meeting is a group of people who keep minutes but waste hours. A meeting is a meeting of people to decide when the next meeting will take place." -- Rob Lambert
Have fun and enjoy your week 🤔.