Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Picture by Scott Weiner at Serious Scrum, https://medium.com/serious-scrum/building-an-effective-remote-scrum-team-the-eight-dimensions-of-clarity-a738fc64759b and https://medium.com/serious-scrum
In the mindset of "Copy and Transfer" and the current situation, a little bit of Clarity could help us everyday now. Look for it ...
- 10 tips for cultivating creativity in your kids https://ideas.ted.com/10-tips-for-cultivating-creativity-in-your-kids/
In times of uncertainty, employees crave clarity. As a leader, you won't always have all of the answers - no one expects you to - so you must be open to listening and learning from others. Once you understand a particular challenge and outline the options, you have to be confident in making bold and optimistic decisions. -- Marillyn Hewson, https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/leadership-governance/marillyn-hewson.html
"Life is the continuous adjustment of internal relations to external relations." -- Herbert Spencer, English - Philosopher April 27, 1820 - December 8, 1903, https://www.britannica.com/biography/Herbert-Spencer
Crazy times require creative solutions, some might last much longer than we expect in the moment 😉.
How to WFH with your kids around https://www.linkedin.com/feed/news/how-to-wfh-with-your-kids-around-5161842/
Medium Coronavirus Blog https://coronavirus.medium.com/
Coronavirus Or Climate Change? Greta Thunberg And The Woke Generation Teach Us Important Lessons In Leadership https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeetendrsehdev/2020/03/31/coronavirus-or-climate-change-greta-thunberg-and-the-woke-generation-teach-us-important-lessons-in-leadership/#4555356a58e6
My wife did host knitting workshops for teachers, kind of mindfulness training during a quick break, some weeks ago face-to-face. Today she had the 1st video conference session, due to social distancing.
The closed schools are driving the need for home schooling, leading to a much faster digital transformation in schools, what was urgently required anyway, but the speed was not fast enough so far. Now every teacher has to get familiar with the available technology to support the kids at home. Finally.
Companies are facing the same issues with most of their employees in the homeoffice. Besides the pure technical challenges there are a lot of leadership requirements to fulfill with distributed teams. The faster they get used to it the better. Some helpful links below:
- 8 Leadership Links for Uncertain Times https://conantleadership.com/8-leadership-links-for-uncertain-times/
- Working from Home Advice: 10 Tips to Improve Productivity https://www.ccl.org/articles/leading-effectively-articles/working-from-home-advice-10-tips/
- 15 DISCUSSION TOPICS THAT STRENGTHEN TEAMS DURING STRESS https://leadershipfreak.blog/2020/03/31/15-discussion-topics-that-strengthen-teams-during-stress/
- What can corporations do to help navigate the storm that is COVID-19? https://www.unisg.ch/en/wissen/newsroom/aktuell/rssnews/meinung/2020/maerz/help-navigate-the-storm-that-is-covid-19-30maerz2020
- Ribknit’s flat knitted masks await certification for COVID-19 fight https://www.knittingindustry.com/ribknits-flat-knitted-masks-await-certification-for-covid19-fight/
- TED Playlist: How to get into a work-from-home mindset https://www.ted.com/playlists/736/how_to_get_into_a_work_from_home_mindset
Thanks a lot to Simon Buehring on Knowledge Train https://www.knowledgetrain.co.uk/agile/agile-principles, you can download a poster for free, if you are interested. When you sign up for the newsletter, you will get a lot more helpful material to download for free.
One example for welcoming change, do a virtual/online museum visit at https://artsandculture.google.com/partnerfor example.
For the working together topic a list of 88+ tools that can help in the current situation, sorry only in German, but there are many tools that can translate Websites and the application names are giving a first indication already, check this out https://morethandigital.info/88-tools-fuer-unternehmen-home-office-und-remote-work/
"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains." -- Steve Jobs, American - Businessman February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011, https://www.themuse.com/advice/25-steve-jobs-quotes-that-will-change-the-way-you-workin-the-best-way-possible
#StayHome to stay Safe and Healthy