Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Tom Daley 27-year-old British diver and Tokio Olympics gold medallist gives some insights into some projects besides his sport activity. Check the article and his interesting knitting designs 👍.
Jurgen Appelo is back from summer holiday and did start with an article about The Behavior Change Dynamo today. A really detailed description of his new Canvas with a lot of references to helpful books. Worth checking, an interesting approach and template to handle personal CHANGE 🤩.
Looking forward to 3 days holiday starting tomorrow 🤔.
- TED Talk: Remembering climate change ... a message from the year 2071
- TED Playlist: Why do we tell stories?
- Why women have an essential role in biodiversity conservation
- Family businesses have an opportunity to lead on ESG
- Why Your Company Needs Brave People. Lots Of Them.
A good picture to remember La Linea (TV series 1972-1991). A simple idea implemented in a smart way and very successful over a long period of time. Not a lot of products match this 😉. See 60 video examples here. Do not try to understand the words, it will not work 🤔. Just enjoy.
Here a diverse list of interesting links to start the week:
- Management 3.0 and Agile?
- Naomi Osaka: 'It's O.K. Not to Be O.K.'
- 6 REASONS DECISION-MAKING FEELS LIKE SWALLOWING PORCUPINES
- 5 visions of the future from our Global Technology Governance Summit
- 11 Recruiting and HR Leaders Give Career Advice to Their 23-Year-Old Selves
- Warren Buffett: 4 Life Choices Separate the Achievers From the Dreamers
"We have to dream. How else will we make a future that does not yet exist?" -- Simon Sinek
Picture by Ute Hamelmann, check her other material
Great picture and comparison, maybe some prejudices included and assuming that people are not able to change or adjust to new environments, but also including a lot of truth, no question 🙂. Sometimes you just have to make it a little striking!!
And a perfect fit to my upcoming key note speech about "Views of a baby boomer ..." as this will also have a lot to do with prejudices, fixed or growth mindset and the ability to change and easily adapt to new environments, independent from your age.
In the moment I am still thinking about the correct story line and which pictures and examples best support my story. One idea is to reuse some slides from the presentation about Digital Transformation that I did give in schools before COVID-19, next opportunty is scheduled for Oct-21 by the way. The school audience is between 16 and 18 years old and I just do a recap, what was the situation between 1976 and 1980, when I was in a similar age as warm up?
Technology did dramatically shift, some other stuff did not really change - we are still exploring the Mars, the Rolling Stones are still on Tour, new Star Wars films come out regularly and Queen Elizabeth II is still on the throne 🤔. Will be fun to develop the story line even further.
Next week Wednesday to Friday I will be on holiday and then the week after starting Thursday for another week. Always good to take a break, change some habits and get some new perspectives. One possible way for new perspectives is reading a book or different articles:
- 10 Books That Have Made Me Smarter
- Check Productivity Game, if you are interested in a book summary 😉
- 6 Coaching Tips for Scrum Masters
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (30-Jul-21)
Have a great next week, I will 👍🤩.
Quote by Susan David
Know your fears, name your fears and handle your fears with courage as mentioned by Susan.
"Fear can be good when you're walking past an alley at night or when you need to check the locks on your doors before you go to bed, but it's not good when you have a goal and you're fearful of obstacles. We often get trapped by our fears, but anyone who has had success has failed before." -- Queen Latifah, American - Musician Born: March 18, 1970
"The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage." -- Thucydides, Greek - Historian 460 BC - 395 BC
- The Best Leadership Links to Read Right Now (Jul-21)
- An expert explains: How to turn industrial carbon emissions into building materials
- Can you eat to save the climate?