!FISH: Make their Day - Play (Have fun at work)
Two days ago I did get a phone call from a former colleague and employee from India, who was in Germany for a project workshop. Great to hear from him and that he wanted to stay in touch, as I did leave the company 7 month ago. These are the moments that are making my day and when I think that I have done a lot of stuff well.
As I am in a good mood today and we are close to the Super Bowl 51 weekend (https://www.nfl.com/super-bowl), some funny stuff and findings for the rest of the BLOG post. I have my Monday morning blocked, as I will be watching the game in the middle of the night my time from Sunday to Monday. Looking forward to it.
Let's start with some funny indicators and the believe that the result of the Super Bowl will be driving the stock market for the rest of the year http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/superbowlindicator.asp, why not? There are even more interesting ones http://www.businessinsider.com/alternative-economic-indicators-2012-5?IR=T# and the famous Ground Hog weather forecast every year on 02-Feb-17 https://weather.com/news/weather/news/groundhog-day-did-punxsutawney-phil-see-his-shadow. If you have a great story, you will find enough people trusting your indicators or statistics.
Some more interesting links with respect to recruiting trends, personal development and lifelong learning that I have seen lately:
- 9 Unexpected Interview Questions That Reveal a Lot About Candidates https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/interview-questions/2017/9-unexpected-interview-questions-that-reveal-a-lot-about-candidates?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- How Slack will change recruiting https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-slack-change-recruiting-vinayak-ranade?trk=hp-feed-article-title-channel-add
- How to Be Both Loved and Respected (Via Your Body Language) https://learning.linkedin.com/blog/learning-tips/how-to-be-both-loved-and-respected--via-your-body-language-
- The Sourcing Plan That Will Help You Recruit the Elusive Top 25% of the Talent Market https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/sourcing/2017/the-sourcing-plan-that-will-help-you-recruit-the-elusive-top-25-percent-of-the-talent-market?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- Talks to help you find the right job https://www.ted.com/playlists/220/7_talks_to_help_you_find_the_r
- Jobscan's skills report 2017 https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/jobscan-public/Jobscan+Skills+Report+2017.pdf?utm_source=Jobscan+Free+Members&utm_campaign=c769afeffe-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_25&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d2497515eb-c769afeffe-247860701
- 10 books to inspire CIOs and IT pros in 2017 https://enterprisersproject.com/article/2017/1/2017-new-year-cio-reading-list?sc_cid=7016000000125UkAAI
- The 3 Skills IT Pros Should Learn to be Promoted https://learning.linkedin.com/blog/tech-tips/the-3-skills-it-pros-should-learn-to-be-promoted
- 4 signs you should quit your job immediately http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/01/suzy-welch-4-signs-you-should-quit-your-job.html
- How artificial intelligence will redefine management https://enterprisersproject.com/how-artificial-intelligence-will-redefine-management?sc_cid=7016000000125UpAAI
- How to win in the age of analytics http://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/mckinsey-analytics/our-insights/how-to-win-in-the-age-of-analytics?cid=other-eml-nsl-mip-mck-oth-1702
- 10 things that are NOT innovation http://www.sastre-asociados.com/10-things-that-are-not-innovation/