Week fourty two summary and selective perception ...
Besides the four presence days for my DTC (Digital Transformation Consultant) education I did apply for two new positions and have not been shortlisted for one older application. Still interesting to see, how long some companies need to make up their mind. Might be straight forward and as fast as possible in their business environment/context, BUT when you are on the waiting end of the chain, this can be really tough .
Next week we have the 1st of May bank holiday in Germany on Monday and three more presence days from Wednesday to Friday. This time the topic is Digital Strategy and I will give my presentation - Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Digital Transformation But Were Afraid to Ask - on the 1st day. The picture on the left is a Word Cloud I created for this presentation.
Since mid of March I know that I will have to give the presentation as part of my DTC education and what the title will be. This was the moment, when a kind of selective perception for the Digital Transformation topic did start for me. Suddenly you find supporting material everywhere, at obvious places like news papers, technical journals and related webpages, but also at surprising places like comedy shows, Youtube videos and even Coaching newsletters .
Just 30 minutes ago I finally decided that the presentation is ready now, to avoid any further additions on an hourly basis. And I also have to keep the audience in mind, as these guys might be newbies to the topic and I do not want to overload them with too much information - less is more !!
If you have a bank holiday tomorrow as well and your weather might be as bad as the forecast is for my region, here some material to look at. Enjoy the stuff and have a creative next week:
- The little frog - the power of positive motivation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWqcDNK7Vx0&feature=youtu.be
- In Case You Missed It: The themes that echoed through TED2017 http://blog.ted.com/in-case-you-missed-it-the-themes-that-echoed-through-ted2017/
- 4 ESSENTIALS TO GROWING INTO GREAT LEADERSHIP https://leadershipfreak.blog/2017/04/28/4-essentials-to-growing-into-great-leadership/
- Six Productivity Rituals and Routines Ultra-Successful People Practice http://skilljunction.com.au/leadership-2/six-productivity-rituals-and-routines-ultra-successful-people-practice/
- These are the 3 most important questions for your career https://www.theladders.com/p/19286/lessons-questions-career
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou was an American poet, memoirist, and civil rights activist (http://www.mayaangelou.com/)