To balance opinions about robots paying taxes ...
Just one hour after I finished by BLOG post from yesterday I found another interesting article with a different opinion about the topic --> "Robots Aren't People — So Don't Tax Them That Way" https://www.aspenideas.org/blog/robots-people-tax. Kind of selective perception and possibly no coincidence 😉. Both argumentations make sense and as I mentioned yesterday --> these ideas possibly need some fine tuning and will force the industry to adjust their business cases for robot usage, as the total cost of ownership will go up by including the income tax coverage.
The Aspen Ideas Festival (https://www.aspenideas.org/) is "kind of the warm Summer North America alternative" to the World Economic Forum in Davos (https://www.weforum.org/focus/best-of-davos-2017) in "cold Winter in Europe". Both are in the mountains, maybe thin air is helping the brains to focus 🤭?
And one more article about this topic Humans vs. Robots: How to Thrive in an Automated Workplace, listen carefully to the Fortune Live video, it gives some interesting thoughts, what robots will not be able to do (http://fortune.com/2017/06/30/humans-robots-job-automation-workplace/).
To close for the day some more "philosophical" stuff, maybe you find something for yourself?
- Tony Robbins Says There’s One Trait Massively Successful People Like Richard Branson, Marc Benioff, and Oprah Winfrey All Share https://journal.thriveglobal.com/tony-robbins-says-theres-one-trait-massively-successful-people-like-richard-branson-marc-benioff-7d7d4c8428cf
- Google's Former CEO: This is a Skill All Leaders Need https://learning.linkedin.com/blog/learning-tips/google-s-former-ceo--this-is-a-skill-all-leaders-need
- “Work Sucks,” Says Ex-Google HR Head: 6 Tips to Change That https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/future-of-recruiting/2017/work-sucks-says-ex-google-hr-head-laszlo-bock-6-tips-to-change-that?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- David “DHH” Heinemeier Hansson: The Entrepreneurial and Unstoppable Stoic https://dailystoic.com/dhh/
- Tony Robbins: Use this 4-step strategy to achieve any goal http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/28/tony-robbins-use-this-4-step-strategy-to-achieve-any-goal.html
- ‘The 4-Hour Workweek’ Author Says A 3-Step Process He Learned From Tony Robbins Drastically Improved His Life https://journal.thriveglobal.com/the-4-hour-workweek-author-says-a-3-step-process-he-learned-from-tony-robbins-drastically-572ee174784c
I wish you all a relaxing and sunny weekend and for my US readers, Happy Independence Day celebrations.
Together with a culture of work, there must be a culture of leisure as gratification. To put it another way: people who work must take the time to relax, to be with their families, to enjoy themselves, read, listen to music, play a sport. Pope Francis