Taking a short break in Berlin
As already mentioned I will be leaving to Berlin tomorrow for a short holiday with my family. Will be back on 31-Jul-17 to start my new business the next day 🙂. The kids did prepare the sightseeing plan, so we will be busy all the time. Hopefully the weather will be better than the last days, just too much rain.
My tracking list with the work in progress applications is getting shorter, only 8 positions left. This morning I did withdraw the application for the position where I had to present a growth strategy in the 2nd interview. The HR contact was a little bit surprised, as I was a potential candidate for the final selection, but I wanted to be fair to the hiring company and the other candidates. And to be straight forward with myself, as another decision has been taken in the meantime. As you always see each other twice, fair treatment is key for success. The hiring company will be one of my first customers in the "right placement" activity, this world can be really very small 😉.
To avoid any boredom on your side during my absence, some interesting reading material below. Have a lot of fun with it:
- Nest Labs Tech Chief on What Robots Can Do Better Than Humans http://fortune.com/2017/07/17/nest-labs-yoky-matsuoka-robots-brainstorm-tech/
- The Simple Way I Beat Procrastination https://medium.com/personal-growth/the-simple-way-i-overcame-my-writers-block-and-beat-procrastination-b4afa12eaae9
- The two strategies companies should use to innovate http://ideas.ted.com/the-two-strategies-companies-should-use-to-innovate/
- 7 Essential Leadership Lessons You Can Learn From Championship Coaches in 2017 https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/7-essential-leadership-lessons-you-can-learn-from-coaches-john-eades?trk=v-feed&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_feed%3BlDLifTNbBlg1M%2FuCU07dSA%3D%3D
- I Don’t Care If You’re “Great.” Here Are 3 Things That Will Ensure You Become Great. https://medium.com/the-mission/i-dont-care-if-you-re-great-here-are-3-things-that-will-ensure-you-become-great-8730818c4a8d
- The Only Time You Are Actually Growing is When You’re Uncomfortable https://medium.com/the-mission/the-only-time-you-are-actually-growing-is-when-youre-uncomfortable-33198a619ab0
- LinkedIn Report Has 13 New Candidate Insights to Help You Recruit Better https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/trends-and-research/2017/linkedin-new-research-inside-the-mind-of-todays-candidate?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- Assessing Soft Skills Is One of the Biggest Interviewing Challenges — Here Are 12 Ways to Overcome It https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/interview-questions/2017/assessing-soft-skills-is-one-of-the-biggest-interviewing-challenges-here-are-12-ways-to-overcome-it?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- Five scientific ways you can make your brain agile https://www.theladders.com/p/23647/brain-smart-agile-tips
- 10 things confident people won’t do https://www.theladders.com/p/23512/things-confident-people-wont-do
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Helen Keller, American - Author June 27, 1880 - June 1, 1968
One of the bigger misconceptions of learning is that many skills take a lifetime to get world-class at, or 10,000 hours to become world-class at. Timothy Ferriss