Blind Spots everywhere ...
When you take the Anatomy explanation of Blind Spot e.g. https://www.britannica.com/science/blind-spot as your starting point, the transfer to any kind of Personal Blind Spot (psychological, emotional, character, conversational, leadership, etc.) is easy to understand and makes a lot of sense (https://erickson.edu/blog/whats-my-blind-spot).
Just yesterday I was impacted by a combination of several Blind Spots. In a parkhouse I was driving behind a SUV that was searching for a large enough parking space. Suddenly the car was driving backwards and the driver did just not realize that I was standing behind with my car waiting. Before I could drive backwards as well to keep the distance or sound the horn, the SUV touched my car. Why do these kind of cars have distance control, a rearview mirror and a lot of other electrical/electronical gimmicks, when nobody is listening to or using them? As there was only minor harm we could manage the issue easily.
Before the accident I had my first customer visit, kind of key account manager activity. We had a really good conversation and did agree the top priority positions for the coming weeks. Based on this I could restart my candidate and talent searching activities in XING, LinkedIn and myOpportunity after some cleanup tasks today.
I am currently looking to staff several JAVA and Oracle APEX developer/consulting/architect positions in Duesseldorf and Hamburg. Plus a Manager IT Consulting role in Freiburg (all Germany). Fluent German is a prerequisite. If you are interested or have a colleague, friend or family member who might be interested, please get in contact with me. Thanks a lot in advance.
Besides that some interesting links I found in the last days:
- TED playlist: Artificial intelligence https://www.ted.com/playlists/310/talks_on_artificial_intelligen?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=playlist__2017-08-30playlist_button
- How to Prep for the Age of AI in Recruiting https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/talent-on-tap/2017/why-ai-and-bots-will-make-you-a-more-human-recruiter?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- I built a chatbot in 2 hours and this is what I learned https://hackernoon.com/i-built-a-chatbot-in-2-hours-and-this-is-what-i-learned-f5dbb4ba5fcc
- 3 Must-Do’s for Creating Job Ads That Will Actually Get Candidates' Attention https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/job-descriptions/2017/3-must-dos-for-creating-job-ads-that-will-get-candidates-attention
- The Top 5 Ways Candidates Want to Learn About Your Company Culture https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/company-culture/2017/the-top-5-ways-candidates-want-to-learn-about-your-company-culture?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- If You Have to Talk About Your “Success,” Then You Aren’t Actually Successful https://medium.com/the-mission/if-you-talk-about-your-success-then-you-arent-actually-successful-ba3056657893
- Bestselling Author and Investor James Altucher on Choosing Yourself and Stoic Minimalism https://dailystoic.com/james-altucher/
And to close for today another staffing request from Jurgen Appelo for his latest development activity - AGILITY SCALES https://agilityscales.typeform.com/to/PK2FH0
"I am preparing to expand our team with super-smart people who know how to design, build, or market the Spotify of practices. I want to talk with talented individuals who can create or sell the Netflix of work-life guides. We need expertise and enthusiasm to launch a YouTube of habits."