CHANGE concepts in the time of paradigm shifts ...
As mentioned earlier, I did participate in an interesting event yesterday evening about CHANGE, change concepts and paradigm shifts. The change could be initiated by a wide range of topics from digital transformation up to refugee aid for example.
The event was hosted by a communications agency (http://www.heithausen.de/ - HeithausenBehler Gesellschaft für Kommunikation mbH) in the Factory Campus co-working space (https://www.linkedin.com/company/10824798/) in Duesseldorf. Keynote speaker was Ralf Janssen (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ralf-janssen-645b3083/), founder of KOMPANO (https://www.kompano.de/).
Ralf is offering an interesting Framework (only in German for now, but translation to English is under discussion) that can be used under the creative commons license (https://creativecommons.org/). He is basically combining smart ideas and common best practices into an easy to follow and understand model. As basis for his work with midsize companies, to accompany their evolutionary development process. Some of his influencers and best practices below:
- Otto Scharmer: http://www.ottoscharmer.com/ (e.g. From Ego-System to Eco-System)
- Ken Wilber: https://integrallife.com/five-elements-aqal/ (e.g. The Five Elements of AQAL)
- Simon Sinnek: https://startwithwhy.com/ (e.g. Start With Why)
- Douglas McGregor: http://www.businessballs.com/mcgregor.htm (e.g. X-Y theory)
- The Japanese Ikigai concept, already mentioned twice in my Blog: https://good.co/finding-your-ikigai/
- The use of a KANBAN board to manage Agile projects: https://leankit.com/learn/kanban/kanban-board/
- and many more ...
When you have a closer look at his framework (https://www.kompano.de/framework/), you will see and realize his influencers and the mentioned references. As it is always difficult to summarize these kind of events for people who did not participate, below a collection of some of the key statements translated in English. The right wording and proper use of words in an age, language and cultural context is a high priority for Ralf, I do my best to be as close as possible with my translation 😉:
- We should go away from CHANGE to evolutionary development processes for organisations
- We have to look at organisations like we look at an organism, not a machine
- We have to take a systemic approach, taking the environment, health, needs, ecological awareness and the meaning into account
- New leadership skills are required for the future:
- distributed leadership
- mindfulness (see e.g. Google's Search Inside Yourself Training - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8fcqrNO7so)
- From EGO to ECO-system
- What is the company purpose versus the company goal?
- A common meaning of a company is giving the employees an orientation
- The inner attitude makes the difference that makes the difference!!
A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results. Wade Boggs, American - Athlete Born: June 15, 1958