Happy birthday Ampelmännchen and Friday 13th
You hopefully remember my story about the East German Ampelmännchen from 22-Aug-17? Today google.de (see picture), all East Germans and the rest of the world are celebrating the 56th birthday. Well done.
Besides this celebration we have Friday 13th today. Still an issue for a lot of people, if they are superstitious or not. mysimpleshow did produce an explainer video related to this topic that is trying to explain the background. Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvINTfbruqc&t= , interesting content. Besides all the stuff mentioned my youngest daughter was born on a Friday 13th, so for me personally more a day to celebrate than to panic!!
Tomorrow my daughter and I will participate in the parents-teacher-student workshop of her school. As the school was newly founded, is just 4 years old and tries to follow a new educational concept, these kind of workshops are happening once a year. The idea is to build a common ground and understanding of all involved parties, to come to a vision, mission and school spirit that everybody can share and buy into. Tomorrow we will have a team of external moderators (they did run all previous workshops as well) who will lead the 50+ participants through a certainly exciting and eventful day. We will be working on the following 5 focus areas:
- Unfold potential
- Learning in a community
- Design school as a living space
- Be innovative and sustainable
- Learn for life (Lifelong Learning)
My favorite topics the MINT (STEM) focus of the school and a proper IT support are covered in #4. Will be interesting to see, what point of views the other participants have related to these topics and, what kind of improvement initiatives we can agree upon and work out. Well keep you posted.
Some interesting links to finish for today:
- The 10 Most Popular Articles Among Recruiters This Week https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2017/the-10-most-popular-articles-among-recruiters-this-week39?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- The Types of Jobs That Won’t Be Taken Over By Artificial Intelligence https://medium.com/the-mission/the-types-of-jobs-that-wont-be-taken-over-by-artificial-intelligence-eac6ca84979b
- How artificial Intelligence will Drastically Alter Our Jobs https://www.morganphilipsexecutivesearch.com/blog/how-artificial-intelligence-will-drastically-alter-our-jobs/?utm_campaign=58e20742d4dbac2d2901b537&utm_content=59db46619849f839e10322d9&utm_medium=smarpshare&utm_source=generic
- 100 Best Companies to Work For 2017 http://fortune.com/best-companies/list?xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_FORTUNE&utm_campaign=fortunemagazine&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social
- The to-do list is a tyrant that will keep your life and your goals small https://work.qz.com/1094166/how-to-prioritize-tasks-on-your-to-do-list-dont-always-start-with-the-easy-ones/?utm_source=qzfb
There can be no tyrants where there are no slaves. Jose Rizal, Filipino - Writer June 19, 1861 - December 30, 1896