My week thirty nine (*) summary
An average week is gone by. I did contact 100+ potential candidates for example with a less than 10% response rate and could introduce one "good" candidate (according to my opinion) to a customer. As mentioned earlier he was rejected due to not enough German language skills a day later. No further comment about this decision 🤔.
Besides that I came in contact with the JTBD theory and had a good discussion later on with one of the trainers, as he needed my opinion and experience for one of his projects. Finally yesterday I got very good feedback from Martin Gaedt (the idea fitness expert) about my JTBD post, always very much appreciated 🙂.
With respect to the career advice and coaching activity my wife mentioned to define career first, before taking any next steps. Here some good approaches I found:
- What is a Career? https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-a-career-525497
- Choosing a Career picture http://www.dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Choosing-a-career-Large.jpg
- How to build career skills on your own https://bizintelng.com/how-to-build-career-skills-on-your-own/
Another topic to keep in mind will be the attitude of the different generations with respect to career. Times and opinions/approaches/attitudes are changing. See some pictures via the menu More --> Photo album or check out the following links:
- Through the generations: attitudes towards technology https://illuminate.nucleusfinancial.com/blog/through-the-generations-attitudes-towards-technology/
- Designing Spaces That Work For a Multigenerational Workforce http://www.progressiveae.com/creating-multigenerational-spaces/
- The Millenial Takeover http://www.mydentalcmo.com/blog/assets/uploads/2016/01/millennial-takeover.png
A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. Max Planck, German - Scientist April 23, 1858 - October 4, 1947