#JTBD (Jobs to be done) Meetup Part II
With respect to the picture, we had during two days more snow this year than we had in the last five years together. But as every year, Christmas will possibly be green again 😉. We will see.
Yesterday evening I participated in the 2nd #JTBD Meetup and it was interesting and fun again, like the 1st time. This time the main focus was the customer interview and how to approach it. In order to get clarity about uncovered (unsatisfied) needs of the customer.
- Don't use closed questions
- Formulate assumptions as a question
- Take a systematic approach, working your way from the unconscious to the conscious
- Record the interview
- Do a methodical evaluation in a small team, to get a quality result
Some supporting material below:
- Bob Moesta: Understanding the Jobs to be Done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2l75aAJo44
- Jonathan Briggs: Kickstarter video for Jobs to be done interview cards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmF4SWu1akM
- It's more than just Milkshakes. Get the latest on Jobs-to-be-Done here. http://www.jobstobedone.org/ (for the English community)
- Jobs to Be Done – Ressourcen https://jtbd.de/ (for the German community)
P.S.: The Meetup was LIVE on Facebook yesterday, you can find the video here, if you are interested (only in German). Thanks to Alexander, Peter, Eckhart and the guy behind the camera. a job very well done 👍🤩👍. https://www.facebook.com/Oberwasserconsulting/videos/1080646222075308/?hc_ref=ARQl5VqGTMj82ECl8rPVh2_Pl6EG0qCyug_xov8pgG1JSwxrZAh5aRTGZG3KD2-0Kxo&fref=gs&dti=1888236324536271&hc_location=group