The week thirty five (*) highlights.
A lot of phone calls this week with interested people. In the end I could propose three new candidates for four different positions with two customers. One of my candidates had a 1st phone interview this week and another one has been invited for a F2F interview in the 1st week of January 2018. Looking good, could be going on like this 🙂.
Besides that I did contact 103 new profiles and found 1 guy who would be a good match and is really interested in the proposed position. So still 1 out of 100, what needs a lot of improvement and I am still working on the right idea to make this happen. Maybe after the weekend some more people will respond, would be great.
Next week Wednesday I will start my career advice Christmas break period (20-Dec-17 until 09-Jan-18), the newspaper announcement will come out tomorrow. Looking forward to it, will be a lot of fun and a good opportunity to meet new people:
- The Best Career Advice You Never Hear http://www.businessinsider.com/the-best-career-advice-you-never-hear-2014-7?IR=T
For the interested people I will share the link, when I have it available 😉.
Wish you all a creative and productive last working week before Christmas. Below some of my shared articles from last week in either XING (https://www.xing.com/communities/groups/rethinkandfocus-c95a-1101289), LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-nuesser-a3777/detail/recent-activity/) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1888236324536271/?ref=bookmarks):
- Avoid the Comparison Trap and Run Your Own Race https://medium.com/@jeffgoins/avoid-the-comparison-trap-and-run-your-own-race-103c9eb32ac3
- The three steps of building trust in new ideas and businesses https://ideas.ted.com/the-three-steps-of-building-trust-in-new-ideas-and-businesses/
- Make 2018 The Year of Getting Comfortable Being Uncomfortable https://thepitcher.org/make-2018-year-getting-comfortable-uncomfortable/
- Stoicism reveals 4 rituals that will make you confident https://www.theladders.com/p/31037/stoicism-reveals-4-rituals-that-will-make-you-confident?utm_swu=1054&utm_source=member&utm_content=smartvsbonus&utm_medium=email&utm_term=DNLAB_121417&utm_campaign=daily-newsletter
- How Do You Respond to a New Idea? https://www.ccl.org/articles/leading-effectively-articles/how-do-you-respond-to-a-new-idea/?utm_content=sf176247276&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=T-Innovation%20&%20Change%20C-LE%20Article%20L-Function%20R-Global/Americas%20C-Infographic%20OE-NVC&sf176247276=1
- Digital China: Powering the economy to global competitiveness https://www.mckinsey.com/global-themes/china/digital-china-powering-the-economy-to-global-competitiveness
Research conducted throughout the world shows gender balance in top positions contributes to improved competitiveness and better business performance. Beth Brooke, American - Businesswoman Born: 1959