Lifelong Learning, required skills, closing gaps ...
Thanks to https://pixabay.com/en/adult-education-book-books-know-2706977/ for another nice picture.
Yesterday I finished my holiday season career advice for the online IT newspaper (https://www.computerwoche.de/a/karriereratgeber-2017-18-michael-nuesser-hsc,3332229) and the last question was related to E-Learning webpages.
Before you take a training you better know, what is required to close any of your hard- or softskill gaps? And with all the stories around robots taking jobs and increasing A.I. capabilities, you better focus on the right SKILLS (just some hints):
- 7 Critical Skills for the Jobs of the Future https://singularityhub.com/2017/07/04/7-critical-skills-for-the-jobs-of-the-future/#sm.001w0tyad10n7ebpr7k1fhnbqy2kf
- The Skills Companies Need Most in 2018 – And The Courses to Get Them https://learning.linkedin.com/blog/top-skills/the-skills-companies-need-most-in-2018--and-the-courses-to-get-t
- 5 TED Talks to increase your emotional intelligence https://enterprisersproject.com/article/2018/1/5-ted-talks-increase-your-emotional-intelligence?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tepweekly&sc_cid=701f2000000tpI6AAI
When you know what you need, finding online training courses or communities is pretty simple, depending on your preferences and constraints. Some ideas below:
- Udacity: https://eu.udacity.com/ oder https://de.udacity.com/
- Lynda: https://www.lynda.com/
- Slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/
- Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/
- edX: https://www.edx.org/
- The Top 10 Educational Websites for Taking Online Courses: https://www.lifewire.com/educational-websites-for-taking-online-courses-4072166
And some stuff for the German readers as well:
- Quofox: https://quofox.com/de
- E-Learning-Plattformen: 38 supernützliche Websites, die dir was beibringen: https://t3n.de/news/e-learning-plattformen-650727/
- Diese 560 Online-Kurse von Universitäten gibt es gratis: https://t3n.de/news/programmieren-online-kurse-gratis-872350/
I wish you a good selection of courses and the freedom to spend some of your time for personal development and closing some skill gaps 😉.
Optimism is the ability to focus on where we're going, not where we're coming from. Simon Sinek