Two celebrations this week ...
Picture by https://pixabay.com/en/accomplish-quote-motivation-1136863/, thanks a lot!!
As already mentioned, we passed the #33,333 milestone this week. In the weekly summary of my BLOG page provider SimpleSite I have seen yesterday that I had more than 1,000 readers in one week (it was 1,069 to be exact). This was the first time, unbelievable. In the first week when I started my BLOG back in July 2016 I had 60 readers, now it is 1,000 more after 82 weeks being online. Thanks guys for your trust and support, a great accomplishment 😋.
This morning I did participate in the breakfast event about Megatrends and Digitization with a special focus on midsize companies. We did get a two hour presentation from Jan-Frederik Kremer https://www.linkedin.com/in/jfkremer/. My quick summary below:
- The following Megatrends had been mentioned:
- Artificial Intelligence
- 3D Printing
- Advanced Robotics
- New / smart materials, biochemical engineering
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Blockchain, distributed ledger
- Synthetic Biology https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=rD5uNAMbDaQ
- The B2C (Business-to-Consumer) market is dominated by companies like Amazon and Google for example. The B2B (Business-to-Business) market is still offering a lot of opportunities, even for German midsize companies.
- We have to be open for digitization, it affects everybody
- Some examples for new ideas and B2B platforms, check it out 😉:
- Online sale of bathroom fittings B2B and B2C https://en.reuter.de/
- Selling sand in a creative way http://www.stresan.com/
- Robots replacing lawyers https://www.legalrobot.com/
- Robots replacing trustees https://uk.scalable.capital/ (a Munich startup)
- The tool factory http://www.kukko.com/en/
- A fully digital logistic company https://www.fiege.com/
- IoT in an unexpected environment https://www.konux.com/
In summary - you have to surprise yourself first before you can surprise others with a new idea.
Some related and helpful links for the rest of the weekend or some spare time:
- Simple ways to spark your creativity https://www.ted.com/playlists/617/simple_ways_to_spark_your_creativity?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=playlist__2018-02-02playlist_button
- 10 Davos stories you might have missed https://medium.com/world-economic-forum/10-davos-stories-you-might-have-missed-3b02eff7a7b2
- The Psychology of Thinking Vs. Doing https://medium.com/swlh/the-psychology-of-thinking-vs-doing-3ce46ed7ae19