The week twenty eight (*) summary.
The focus in the last week was more in meeting customers and learning new stuff than in finding new candidates. No problem as it does not make sense to run full speed in one direction all the time. And for longterm investments into relationship and business success, you have to start with your preparation work sometime. Better sooner than later.
For next week I am planning to send a reminder to all candidates, who did not answer yet to my previous contact requests or emails. I will be offering three options, depening on the situation they are currently in:
- No further contact, when they are happy with their current job
- Some free career advice and tips, if they are interested and open
- Have a closer discussion about the position I did already offer
Will be interesting to see, how high the response rate is going to be?
Besides that I will have another preparation team meeting of the VDI Nacht der Technik Rhein-Wupper (https://rhein-wupper.nacht-der-technik.de/) on Tuesday and plan to talk to the 1st of three city school and education office leaders. There are two ideas behind these talks. How the students can best participate in the event as visitors and possibly how schools can be presented to the public, if they are willing and have some interesting technical content to share.
Finally Super Bowl 52 tonight (https://www.nfl.com/super-bowl). Looking forward to it. Will hopefully be the same fascinating and exciting game as last year. Some related links below, if you are interested in the game or not 😉:
- The NFL: Big Data and football https://www.bernardmarr.com/default.asp?contentID=707
- 10 viewing alternatives to the Super Bowl http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2018/02/10_viewing_alternatives_to_the_super_bowl.html
- Here are all the Super Bowl commercials in this year’s game—from big tech to the big names https://qz.com/1192943/super-bowl-commercials-2018-all-the-ads-playing-during-the-game/
- Here’s a roundup of all the Super Bowl LII ads released so far https://globalnews.ca/news/4004307/super-bowl-2018-ads-released-round-up/
Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations. Tom Brady, American - Athlete Born: August 3, 1977 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2017-elite-performers/0ap3000000913927/Top-10-Tom-Brady-plays-2017-season)