A small tribute to Stephen Hawking, who died today ...
Picture taken from Evan Carmichael's: Stephen Hawking's Top 10 Rules For Success at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNWk9aA5VaA (14:50)
If you are diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) (https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Amyotrophic-Lateral-Sclerosis-ALS-Fact-Sheet) at age 21 with a forecast of another 2 - 3 years to go, and then live a full life for another 55 years, you are really a role model and did take your personal 10 rules for success (see at the left side) very serious. Looking back at the life of Stephen Hawking with some thoughts and links today, makes this much more tangible and understandable for everyone. What a success story, my deepest respect 👍.
However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Stephen Hawking, English - Physicist, January 8, 1942 - March 14, 2018 https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/stephen_hawking
It is great to see, how he did focus his life, used his mental strength, did never give up, made "impossible" things possible and used technology, to balance the impact and constraints coming from his illness. A real inspiration for everyone, now and in the future.
See the following links for more insight:
- Stephen Hawking - The Official Website http://www.hawking.org.uk/
- Stephen Hawking, Physicist Who Reshaped Cosmology, Dies at 76 https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-14/stephen-hawking-physicist-who-reshaped-cosmology-dies-at-76
- How Did Stephen Hawking’s Communication System Work? https://www.scienceabc.com/innovation/stephen-hawking-cheek-communication-help-computer-speech-generating-device.html
- Famed physicist Stephen Hawking dies 55 years after being given 2 years to live http://abcnews.go.com/International/stephen-hawking-author-history-time-dies-76/story?id=53729818
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Stephen Hawking (3:27) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6MyOXk98DI
- The last message of Professor Stephen Hawking (1942 - 2018) (1:22) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHgQQ9N1ybI
We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain. Stephen Hawking