My week eighteen (*) summary
Time is running fast and another week is gone, but pretty successful this time. After the very nice two days in Munich on Monday and Tuesday I could deliver two new candidates to my customers in the remaining three days of the week. Two other candidates have been invited for their 1st interview and a new customer did sign the necessary contract so that I can start to search for potential candidates next week. This customer brings a new industry and city, will be interesting to see, how the market will be responding, as I should deliver first results in 2 weeks time.
Next week I am looking forward to STARTUP-WOCHE DUESSELDORF (13 - 20-Apr-18, https://www.startupwoche-dus.de/, only in German), as I will be joining two session. One about Lean Startup (http://theleanstartup.com/principles) on Tuesday at the Sipgate company location (https://www.sipgate.de/wir-sind-sipgate). The other one about Visualisation as a Boost for Ideas (https://www.startupwoche-dus.de/sessions/visualisation-as-a-boost-for-ideas/) on Wednesday at the Wacom (https://www.wacom.com/en-us/about-wacom) company location.
Besides that I will be participating in a VDI (http://www.vdi.eu/) brainstorming session about their MINT (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) strategy and offering for schools. Based on a VDI position paper from 2015 (MINT as an opportunity for technical universal education - "Research and Development" in schools) we will be discussing, if the content and direction is still valid and really meeting the expectations and needs of schools in 2018. They are facing a dramatic shortage of Informatic and Technic teachers and the VDI might be in a position to alleviate this with the help of their members? To be verified during the workshop with representatives from the VDI, the public administration and the teacher community.
One of the things that I've always loved to do is brainstorm ideas with friends and get together and talk about what they're building... Essentially, my day-to-day is just going around and meeting entrepreneurs and talking to them about what they plan on launching. Kevin Rose, American - Businessman Born: February 21, 1977, https://www.kevinrose.com/
Below some of the articles I shared during the past week in XING, LinkedIn or Google+:
- The Jobs-to-be-Done Language of Innovation https://jobs-to-be-done.com/the-jobs-to-be-done-language-of-innovation-c5c9b69685ef
- 70 simple ways to help you minimise distractions and stay focused http://learningfundamentals.com.au/blog/70-simple-ways-to-help-you-minimise-distractions-and-stay-focused/
- “Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years?” — Who Knows And Who Cares. https://medium.com/the-mission/where-do-you-see-yourself-in-5-years-who-knows-and-who-cares-14d1c44380cd
- The 10 Most Popular Articles Among Recruiters This Week https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2018/the-10-most-popular-articles-among-recruiters-this-week13?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=946764&utm_campaign=0
- TED: Talks that'll inspire you to learn a new language https://www.ted.com/playlists/441/talks_that_ll_inspire_you_to_l?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=playlist__2018-04-11playlist_button