Startup Week 2nd session ...
Good fit picture by https://pixabay.com/en/company-drawing-pen-paper-arrow-3327152/
Had my 2nd session at the Wacom location yesterday afternoon with the topic Visualisation as a Boost for Ideas. Great and intensive 3 hour session with a lot of interesting people, a really international audience, as the presentation language was English. Keeping in mind my 22-Feb-18 post "One picture says more than 1,000 words ...", the idea of the workshop was basically the same. Learn how to explain ideas easier in a drawing than with a lot of words and to come to a Visual elevator pitch for any kind of business idea.
If you have a pure text presentation people on average can remember 75% of the content at the end, it is just 10% after 3 days. When you have a combined text and visuals presentation, you have 85% and still 65% after 3 days. So Visualisation really makes a difference.
After learning how to quickly and easily draw some basic doodles, icons, sketches, visuals, etc., we did build a small team and selected a random problem to solve during the workshop. The creativity method we used was Disney’s Creative Strategy: Playing The Dreamer, The Realist and The Critic roles in several iterations (see for more details http://www.designorate.com/disneys-creative-strategy/).
With the results of this session we did prepare the Visual elevator pitch after a small dinner break.
Due to time constraints we did focus on some easy parts:
- What is the target group for the pitch?
- What is the #1 result, to achive out of the solution?
- What are the dreams, wishes, desires of the target group (assuming no limits)?
- more money, save money
- solve problems
- being more effective
- what stops you of being there?
- What is your company doing?
- What are the benefits of your solution?
- related to money
- related to emotions
- related to physical (power for example)
- related to spiritual (e.g. be part of an interest group)
Some supporting material below:
- Slideshare: The visual elevator pitch https://www.slideshare.net/LouiseKlinker/the-visual-elevator-pitch
- How To Create A Great Investor Pitch Deck For Startups Seeking Financing https://www.forbes.com/sites/allbusiness/2017/03/04/how-to-create-a-great-investor-pitch-deck-for-startups-seeking-financing/#61e54be72003
- 41 Brilliant Elevator Pitches That Will Inspire You to Write Your Own https://www.levo.com/posts/41-brilliant-elevator-pitches-that-will-inspire-you-to-write-your-own