Quick week seventeen (*) highlights
An interesting week passed by with highs and lows. I covered the two StartUp week workshops in details already. Besides that one candidate decided to accept a new contract before he partcipated in the job interview I organized for him. Another one was rejected by the customer, as skills and salary expectation did not match from their perspective. Having a different opinion does not make a change in these kind of situations, you just have to accept the decision. Next week one of my candidates will have his 1st customer interview, we will see how this goes.
For the new customer I did contact nearly 100 potential profiles during the week and had one 1st phone interview already. The candidate wanted to decide over the weekend, how to proceed.
Sometimes it is really interesting to read the apologies and explanations, why people are not reacting to requests in the course of one or two weeks. Some are just back from a longer holiday, some are really busy with business or private tasks and some have no time for social media activities or focus on other platforms. Sometimes people are changing their opinion after some weeks or month and become interested again in the initial job proposal. This week I had one guy who came back to me after 9 month.
Some interesting material to start the next week:
- ONE BAD APPLE LOWERS TEAM PERFORMANCE UP TO 40% https://leadershipfreak.blog/2018/04/21/one-bad-apple-lowers-team-performance-up-to-40/
- This is the brilliant advice Jeff Bezos just gave on how to hold yourself to high standards https://www.theladders.com/career-advice/jeff-bezos-letter-to-amazon-shareowners-highlights-the-importance-of-high-standards
- 20 things I’ve learned while building The Happy Startup School https://medium.com/the-happy-startup-school/20-things-ive-learned-while-building-the-happy-startup-school-648d0ddc98c7
- The 6 Best Free Online Artificial Intelligence Courses For 2018 https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2018/04/16/the-6-best-free-online-artificial-intelligence-courses-for-2018/#194d072059d7
- This 7-Point Question Asking Strategy Will Make You Better at Every Part of Your Job https://medium.com/the-mission/this-7-point-question-asking-strategy-will-make-you-better-at-every-part-of-your-job-20341da076b1
- There are 4 kinds of 21st century leader. Which one are you? https://medium.com/world-economic-forum/there-are-4-kinds-of-21st-century-leader-which-one-are-you-86dea43b4b4d
Have a productive and exciting week 👍.