My week fifteen (*) highlights ...
First week of May and day off season in Germany. We have bank holidays on 01, 10, 21 and 31-May-18 this year. If it is a day close before or after a weekend people are taking a bridge day to have a long weekend. This means reaction time of candidates might be longer, as they are on a short holiday.
I did contact 80+ new candidates this week, but not a lot of response so far. One candidate will have his 2nd customer interview next week Tuesday and for another one we are still waiting for the feedback of the functional department head. Will hopefully come next week. Still not really easy to understand, on the one side the customers are urgently looking for new potential, but on the other side decision making processes are taking a long time. Sometimes just too long for candidates who have several interesting options in parallel. It is a candidate market now. Tomorrow morning I will be talking to a high potential candidate to clarify some last open question. I plan to send the profile to the customer next week.
My presentation for the BOB2018 is making good progress and I am using my visualisation workshop learnings more often. A very handy approach, as it is really helpful to avoid Copyright violations, if you need a graphic or picture to support the story telling, but you do not find the right material that is free for use.
Next week Wednesday to Friday we will be on a short holiday, we have Ascension Day on Thursday. Nevertheless I will take my laptop with me to work on the presentation for 16-May-18 (BOB2018). I want to make it nearly perfect, definitely understandable and diverting for the kids, my youngest daughter and several of her classmates will be in the audience.
Wish you all a sunny and thrilling week 😉:
- 10 ways to tell if you’re confident — or arrogant https://www.theladders.com/career-advice/10-ways-tell-confident-arrogant
- What’s Next for Augmented and Virtual Reality Technology? https://medium.com/iotforall/whats-next-foraugmented-and-virtual-reality-technology-83fc154f467b
- 4 WAYS TO GO FROM STUPID TO GREAT https://medium.com/swlh/4-ways-to-go-from-stupid-to-great-91ad6793b9b7
- 27 Incredible Examples Of AI And Machine Learning In Practice https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2018/04/30/27-incredible-examples-of-ai-and-machine-learning-in-practice/#3b82ce6d7502
- 23 Sentences Our Grandchildren Won't Believe We Said In 2018 https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2018/05/02/23-sentences-our-grandchildren-wont-believe-we-said-in-2018/#7d43a51e193b
Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. Marie Curie, Polish - Scientist November 7, 1867 - July 4, 1934