My week eleven (*) highlights ...
A really diversified week this week eleven (*). One of my candidates has been invited for his 1st job interview for a development position, a good start. I did introduce another candidate for a development role as well, but he immediately got rejected, due to the wrong skill set. I had a different opinion about it, but I am not the decisive factor. S*** happens.
Another profile got rejected after some weeks internal discussion on the customer side, as not interesting enough. Before I could introduce the profile to another customer the candidate has accepted a new role in a large German company.
Besides that I did contact 50 new candidates and did remind several 100 to finally send me a response to my proposal or request. Getting an answer in time is really a problem in the moment. As I did some marketing in XING and LinkedIn for my open positions last week I did get several responses, but all candidates do not have the required German skills, to meet the customer requirements. Getting them up to speed in German in a really short time could be a good business model - https://www.lifehack.org/305085/7-timeless-tips-learn-any-language-days-not-years
Next week I have my standard activities on the schedule and will prepare my CEBIT visit on 12 and 13-Jun-18 (https://www.cebit.de/en/). Will be interesting to see the new concept.
Some good links for your next week, have fun and enjoy 😀:
- A mobile documentary asks: What if Martin Luther King, Eartha Kitt and others were on Facebook in 1968? https://ideas.ted.com/a-mobile-documentary-asks-what-if-martin-luther-king-eartha-kitt-and-others-were-on-facebook-in-1968/
- Millions of People Need New Corneas. Now We Can 3D Print Them. https://futurism.com/3d-printed-corneas-humans/
- Science Says This Motivates People More Than Money or Happiness https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/science-says-motivates-people-more-than-money-patrick-leddin-ph-d-/?trk=v-feed
- By 2020, These 10 Employee Skills Will Soon Be In Huge Demand! https://medium.com/swlh/by-2020-these-10-employee-skills-will-soon-be-in-huge-demand-13ab03c6d06f
- Want to discover (or re-discover) your sense of purpose at work? Here’s how https://ideas.ted.com/want-to-discover-or-re-discover-your-sense-of-purpose-at-work-heres-how/