Long term investment ...
You possibly remember that I did the Online Career Advice for Computerwoche between 20-Dec-17 and 09-Jan-18? One of the guys that I did coach during this time did start a new job lately. I did send a congratulation message and heard that my support did play a large part in getting the new position. Especially my advice to clarify two questions - who am I and what do I want to be - did help a lot, to describe his unique selling point and the target position. The guy promised to send me a more detailed description of the steps he has taken after our interaction. Looking forward to this 🙂.
How to Collaborate When You Don’t Have Consensus https://www.strategy-business.com/article/How-to-Collaborate-When-You-Dont-Have-Consensus?gko=90356
This article fits perfectly to a situation I had at work today. The company wants to become customer centric, goes digital, agile and towards simplification, and the whole senior management is telling and sharing this vision. On the working level a lot of people are still going in the opposite direction - who cares about the customer, keep everything unchanged as we ever did it and complexity is fine - so we don't have consensus and need to fix this quickly 😎.
Being a role model, I have seen this quote on a picture today: They asked her: "How did you persuade your child to read instead of playing with smart devices?!" - She said: "Children don't hear us, they imitate us." Something to think about 😙.
- What Your Company Can Do to Tap Into an Enormous (and Often-Overlooked) Talent Pool https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/recruiting-tips/2018/how-to-hire-introverts
- What will the Future of Work mean for workspaces? http://blog.zukunft-personal.com/en/2018/08/07/what-will-the-future-of-work-mean-for-workspaces/
- Where do the Habits of Mind fit? (Interesting Infographic included) https://mindfulbydesign.com/where-do-the-habits-of-mind-fit/
- The Shiny Object Syndrome: How To Stay Focused and Stop Getting Distracted https://personalexcellence.co/blog/shiny-object-syndrome/
- The Art of Productive Procrastination https://www.njlifehacks.com/productive-procrastination/