Intelligence and common sense ...
Only a quick post today, as I just came back from the school of my daughter. New school year and elections again. I am heading the parents for the final year as nobody else did volunteer and it is much easier to proceed as in the last year. Tomorrow morning I have to get up early to be in time for my flight to Munich, business trip for three days.
During a lunch with my colleagues this week we had an interesting discussion about human intelligence versus artificial intelligence (A.I.). The humanity is currently spending a lot of time, effort and money into training robots and to create/improve their artificial intelligence. On the other side a lot of people are not able to apply a minimum level of common sense and simplicity, as complexity seems to be more fancy. Two extremes of a similar story. Hopefully the best experts and role models are training the robots and a little bit of the available training programs will be used for people as well. In the mindset of lifelong learning .
Enjoy some value add material :
- ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH TO BE DUMB https://leadershipfreak.blog/2018/09/11/are-you-brave-enough-to-be-dumb/
- TED: How AI could compose a personalized soundtrack to your life https://www.ted.com/talks/pierre_barreau_how_ai_could_compose_a_personalized_soundtrack_to_your_life?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2018-09-10
- Why Negative Visualization Is the Antidote to Hedonic Adaptation https://www.njlifehacks.com/negative-visualization-antidote-to-hedonic-adaptation/
- These 20 Pictures Will Teach You More Than Reading 100 Books https://medium.com/thrive-global/these-17-pictures-will-teach-you-more-than-reading-100-books-3914c4855ebe
- The Dozen New Idea Books to Read This Fall https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dozen-new-idea-books-read-fall-adam-grant/
- MIT’s New Robot Can Visually Understand Objects It’s Never Seen Before https://futurism.com/computer-vision-mit-robot/