How do I come up with my stories? Good question, it depends on the situation 😉.
Today is 03-Oct-2018 the 28th anniversary of the German reunion. Could be an obvious topic, but too political and it does not work for everybody. Anyway there is still a long way to go for Germany to become one country and to forget the division in two countries in the past. Maybe it will need two full generations to forget everything and give the similarities a much higher priority than today.
Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness. Desmond Tutu, South African - Leader Born: October 7, 1931, https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/peace/1984/tutu/biographical/
As there is a public holiday today I was able to finish my presentation for the school workshop next week (PUG2018) Thursday. I think I have enough content to fill the 2.5 hours and keep the students busy and interested. If you want to have a look at a selection of the slides, see https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19c2rRitAZmBrjcvjoXmUAXJk4ab3c4Cs for more details (only in German, sorry).
So we covered daily news (the reunion anniversary) and long-term interests (digital transformation, lifelong learning, information and knowledge sharing --> the school workshop) as possible topics for my BLOG already. Besides that coincidentally found stories work well. Three examples from today:
- Campaign to End Loneliness: Be More Us --> worth watching 👍 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm12mTIUJss
- TED: 3 lessons on decision-making from a poker champion https://www.ted.com/talks/liv_boeree_3_lessons_on_decision_making_from_a_poker_champion?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2018-10-01
- TED Playlist: Talks for gamers https://www.ted.com/playlists/535/talks_for_gamers?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=playlist__2018-10-01playlist_button
Some more articles for spare time 😉:
- Japanese construction robot demonstrates the future of building https://newatlas.com/aist-construction-robot-humanoid-hrp-5p/56585/
- The 3 key skill sets for the workers of 2030 https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/06/the-3-skill-sets-workers-need-to-develop-between-now-and-2030/
- PERFORMING UNDER PRESSURE by Hendrie Weisinger and JP Pawliw-Fry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CPEfi-5VaA
Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. Kobe Bryant, American - Athlete Born: August 23, 1978, http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant