Find the talents, where they are ...
As everybody is facing the "War for talents", especially in the Software Development area, companies have to be more creative in attracting talents and in finding them before. Today I have seen a good example in my public transport train. Some posters on the wall and a lot of flyers hanging from the luggage racks, every 15 centimeters, looking like a paper chain.
The trains are from the German railway and on tour in the Northrhine Westfalia area during the day. This area has the most inhabitants in Germany and the company paying for the marketing campaign is from Dortmund looking for Software developers. Find the talents, where they are - why not in public transport? A lot of software developers are young, ecologically motivated or making use of the car sharing community, or prefer to use public transport instead of driving by car, to make better use of their travel time, etc. So a good "hunting ground" for talents with a minimum effort. Would be interesting to know, how many talents will apply for a job in this company motivated by this creative campaign?
"Let's invest in people, not ideas. A good idea is often destroyed by bad people, and good people can always make a bad idea better." -- Simon Sinek, https://startwithwhy.com/
- THE COACHING HABIT by Michael Bungay Stanier | Core Message https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YID6l9T-ksc
- Some book recommendations https://www.njlifehacks.com/reading-list/
- Simon Sinek: How to Make Your Life A Success | Inc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6IFaXghzK0
- 12 Jobs You’ll Be Recruiting for in 2030 https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/future-of-recruiting/2018/12-jobs-you-will-be-recruiting-for-in-2030
- Applying artificial intelligence for social good https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/artificial-intelligence/applying-artificial-intelligence-for-social-good