A quick week thirty-two (F2) overview ...
Two weeks to go until the 1st VDI Nacht der Technik Rhein-Wupper https://rhein-wupper.nacht-der-technik.de/ on 05-Apr-19. If you are close by there are still tickets available and we can possibly meet F2F at one of the locations? Up to you, I will be there.
I found the following article today - Feedback is overrated–this is what employees need instead https://www.fastcompany.com/90318711/feedback-is-overrated-this-is-what-employees-need-instead and was think about my feedback situations this week.
- During a coaching or mentoring session you are supposed to only listen and ask questions, no judgement or feedback
- In our Sunday ballroom dancing class today we did see the last 5 minutes of the previous course and heard the feedback they got from the trainer. 90 minutes later our course got exactly the same feedback, what could have been perfectly valid, but some little bit more individual statements would have been better from my perspective
- My personal understanding of feedback is that you either transport a positive message and celebrate it afterwards, or you raise a topic that did not go as expected and work out a common plan, how to improve it over time. Giving feedback to just demotivate or even to avoid a planned activity in the future, is the wrong approach.
Have a great next week, now is spring time and the temperatures should be getting higher.
- 10 Skills To Becoming A Millionaire In 5 Years Or Less https://medium.com/@benjaminhardy/10-skills-to-becoming-a-millionaire-in-5-years-or-less-e16b8b20500c
- No joke! Yes, you can learn from the seriously applicable ways that The Onion brainstorms its ideas https://ideas.ted.com/how-did-the-chicken-reach-the-great-idea-she-borrowed-the-onions-techniques-for-brainstorming/
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (22-Mar-19) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2019/the-10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-this-week9
- How Much Data Is There In The World? https://www.bernardmarr.com/default.asp?contentID=1846
- Job Search In The Age Of Artificial Intelligence - 5 Practical Tips https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/03/18/job-search-in-the-age-of-artificial-intelligence-5-practical-tips/#4c2ab028f0e6
Forget artificial intelligence - in the brave new world of big data, it's artificial idiocy we should be looking out for. Tom Chatfield, British - Author Born: 1980, http://tomchatfield.net/