My week forty-eight (W2) highlights ...
A really small challenge by Pentoz https://www.pentoz.com/
Still possible to solve the riddle without a piece of paper, just give it a try. Did anybody try one of the banana bread recipies in the meantime? I would be interested in some feedback 🤭.
Busy times at work with the two projects in parallel, but we are making some good progress. It is always interesting to see, when Common Sense and KISS (https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/article/kiss-keep-it-simple-stupid-a-design-principle) meets the growing complexity of processes, ways of working and thinking in the work place.
Just minutes ago I have seen an interesting report on TV about an invention from the Netherlands, not really a surprise as it is related to a kind of bicycle, see https://lopifitus.com/. Very much appreciated in the Arabic world, due to their standard dresses.
More project work next week and the summer weather seems to be coming back after Wednesday, we will see. Below a summary of interesting material to check out:
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (12-Jul-19) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2019/the-10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-this-week16
- AI Can Now Create Artificial People - What Does That Mean For Humans? https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/07/12/ai-can-now-create-artificial-people-what-does-that-mean-humans/#46c59ee27e61
- Man Vs. Machine: The 6 Greatest AI Challenges To Showcase The Power Of Artificial Intelligence https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/07/08/man-vs-machine-the-6-greatest-ai-challenges-to-showcase-the-power-of-artificial-intelligence/#53770a9d2da2
- Don’t write a business plan, draw it https://medium.com/the-happy-startup-school/dont-write-a-business-plan-draw-it-30f9316549b0
- Agile Lipstick... https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/agile-lipstick-keith-jenneke/
- Google Spent Years Studying Effective Bosses. Now They Teach New Managers These 6 Things https://www.inc.com/michael-schneider/analysis-10000-reports-told-google-to-train-new-managers-6-areas.html?cid=sf01003&sr_share=facebook
I read, I study, I examine, I listen, I think, and out of all that I try to form an idea into which I put as much common sense as I can. Marquis de Lafayette, French - Revolutionary September 6, 1757 - May 20, 1834