My week fifty (Y2) highlights ...
Picture by https://www.pentoz.com/
Celebration week again 😉. Passed the #155,555 milestone, what a success story.
The coming week will be the show down start for my project, as we kick off the one month hot phase on Thursday 01-Aug-2019. Tomorrow will be the initiation with motivating the team and freeing up the available skills and capacity.
Biggest challenge is to fight - "We've always done it this way." - mostly used as excuse and not to trigger a necessary change.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein, German - Physicist March 14, 1879 - April 18, 1955
Combining a general resistance to change with the argument about accepting cultural differences is a common theme and could be a blocking factor. But it doesn't have to be this way - understand the differences and use it for the positive. There are a lot of companies where key positions are staffed based on the cultural background of the people.
Strategy is covered by people from India for example, Finance and Processes by Europeans and Sales, Marketing and Communication by US Americans. Could just be my personal bias, but there are a lot of examples supporting this perception.
Anyway, motivation is key and to get the buy-in for a common approach and stretch goal going forward.
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (26-Jul-19) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2019/the-10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-this-week18
- The Amazing Ways Dubai Airport Uses Artificial Intelligence https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/07/26/the-amazing-ways-dubai-airport-uses-artificial-intelligence/#44409dc42a21
- Artificial Intelligence For Good - Also Makes Business Sense https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/07/23/artificial-intelligence-for-goodalso-makes-business-sense/#5ef1ef13501b
- Four ways to turn goals into habits https://management30.com/blog/goals-into-habits/
- 5 Characteristics of Servant Leaders https://resources.kenblanchard.com/blanchard-leaderchat/5-characteristics-of-servant-leaders