My week 36-2019 highlights
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
For beating the weekly reader record that I had so far during the past week. The new record is 3375, very much appreciated 👍👍.
Yesterday I did read the Master Thesis of one of our Interns and provided my grading to the Professor for final appraisal. The content was related to Agile and DevOps ways of working in virtual teams.
Only 11 days to go for the Zukunft Personal 2019 event in Cologne, https://www.europe.zukunft-personal.com/en/about/keynotes-speaker/. I will be there on 19-Sep-19 to see the latest and greatest in HR management, digitalisation, and leadership plus listening to the keynote speeches of Laura Dekker (motivational speaker, author, world traveller, professional skipper) and John Strelecky (author of "The Why Cafe" und "Big Five for Life" as well as CEO, Aspen Light Publishing).
On 09-Oct-19 I have been invited again to facilitate a workshop around Digital Transformation during the Theme Days for study and job preparation in a school close by. The kids will be between 15 - 18 years old. I agreed with the school to repeat my workshop from last year, I will just update some slides and content, as Digital Transformation is developing fast ...
To close for today, some interesting material for you:
- What executives are reading in 2019? https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/leadership/what-executives-are-reading-in-2019
- How to reap big benefits from meetings that are just 10 to 15 minutes long https://ideas.ted.com/how-to-reap-big-benefits-from-meetings-that-are-just-10-to-15-minutes-long/
- Why You Should Read – 11 Benefits of Reading https://mindofhabit.com/benefits-of-reading/
- 19 Habits of Successful People | Daily Success Habits https://mindofhabit.com/habits-of-successful-people/
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (06-Sep-19) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2019/10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-this-week25
- The Amazing Ways Telecom Companies Use Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/09/02/the-amazing-ways-telecom-companies-use-artificial-intelligence-and-machine-learning/#590ddd054cf6
“Of course anyone who truly loves books buys more of them than he or she can hope to read in one fleeting lifetime. A good book, resting unopened in its slot on a shelf, full of majestic potentiality, is the most comforting sort of intellectual wallpaper.” – David Quammen, http://www.davidquammen.com/bio