Problems or opportunities?
During a discussion with a colleague today, we came to the point when I shared a link to one of my previous BLOG posts. Really great, when you have nearly 1000 pages of content available to search in for something that fits to the situation. And can sometimes help to solve a problem or show an opportunity. If you are interested in a collection of all my BLOG posts from 04-Jul-2016 until 25-Jan-2019 in a single PDF file, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will share with you the link to my eBOOK V1.0, for FREE 🙂. I am already collecting the material for V2.0, starting from 26-Jan-2019 onwards.
Sharing is caring - "Life is about creating and living experiences that are worth sharing." -- Steve Jobs, https://www.inc.com/peter-economy/steve-jobs-19-inspiring-power-quotes-for-success.html
Second topic is from my daughter's school about the usage of Wikipedia. The teacher is positive for initial information gathering and the kids against it, as it is not a reliable source of information. An absolute No-Go for academic documents, like a Bachelor or Master thesis.
"At the end of the day, however, Wikipedia is not suitable for academic work. For one, you should never use an encyclopedia as a source. Academic work requires primary or, at worst, secondary sources. Encyclopedias are considered a tertiary source.", https://onlinelearningtips.com/2018/12/why-you-cannot-use-wikipedia-as-an-academic-source/
In my BLOG I am avoiding any Wikipedia source and even for pictures I try to go back to the initial source, if it is possible. An Encyclopedia is a good starting point, but nothing more.
- TED Playlist: New tech, new ethics https://www.ted.com/playlists/329/new_tech_new_morals
- TED Playlist: How language changes over time https://www.ted.com/playlists/228/how_language_changes_over_time
- Helpful advice for aspiring writers of all ages https://ideas.ted.com/helpful-advice-for-aspiring-writers-of-all-ages/
- The seven stages of strategic leadership https://www.strategy-business.com/article/The-seven-stages-of-strategic-leadership
- RESULTS-ONLY LEADERS HAVE EMPTY-TANK TEAMS https://leadershipfreak.blog/2019/09/12/results-only-leaders-have-empty-tank-teams/
- How to Manage a Micromanaging Boss https://www.themuse.com/advice/how-to-manage-a-micromanaging-boss