About marketing ...
I was just thinking about a topic for my BLOG today, what was not that easy after my teeth operation yesterday, when a marketing email from Lufthansa (the German airline) arrived in my inbox. Thank you very much for this offer, a one-way flight from Frankfurt to Palma de Mallorca between 14-Oct and 15-Dec-19 for just 35€, to be decided until 29-Sep-19.
I pressed the booking button, just to see the details, and did end up on a landing page. Describing the offer and a preselected template with a flight departure tomorrow for a two-way flight for 8 days. Prices between 235 and 412€. What a surprise 🙂, but my mistake. As my old German teacher always said: "Those who can read have a clear advantage". I adjusted the departure date, selected one-way flight and found the 35€ flight. Only hand luggage, no option to change or cancel the flight. But the most expensive flight in the same category was 258€. Going even further into details would have been more fun, but I think this is a more serious topic:
- Besides the pure marketing campaign that might be misleading you and your expectation on purpose?
- There are issues like - how does a 35€ flight fit to the ongoing discussion about our environmental footprint?
- Interesting that these offers come up right after Thomas Cook had to declare bankruptcy this week, and one of their biggest markets was Mallorca.
- Who would be booking a one-way flight to Mallorca in the October to December timeframe? With only hand luggage.
- If you have to adjust the 35€ flight to your real needs, the final bill will be higher.
“Content is King but engagement is Queen, and the lady rules the house!” - Mari Smith, https://www.marismith.com/
Have a great weekend.
- Gary Vee Says These Are the Two Most Important Traits for Leaders https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/talent-connect/2019/gary-vee-details-most-important-traits-for-leaders