Culture and Spirit ...
Picture by Simon Sinek at https://simonsinek.com/product/share-the-golden-circle-presenter-slides-and-notes/
Culture = the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization (1b at https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/culture)
Spirit = the activating or essential principle influencing a person (5a), a special attitude or frame of mind (and 6a at https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spirit)
Two weeks before the holiday season is going to start, we had the announcement of the new/future common company culture with our company CEO and 10k+ employees connected via video and phone today. According to the culture definition above we learned about the goals and practices that will cover our HOW part of Simon Sinek's Golden Circle going forward. Under #SPIRIT we will be learning more details in the coming days - activating the principles influencing a person or many more in this case 😉. More to come ...
Culture can really have a positive influence on a company, its products, the customer perception and trust. But how do you measure success?
- The 10 Company Culture Metrics You Should Be Tracking Right Now https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/246899
- 3 Companies That Do Culture Right and What You Can Learn From Them (Infographic) https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/246768
- 6 Steps for Creating a Strong Company Culture https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/244309
As Google was mentioned in the Infographic, a good example to proceed. When you come to the point that the name of your product is used as a new word in the standard vocabulary or dictionary, like to google for an Internet search or Tempo for a paper tissue (in Germany), your company culture was really successful 👍.
“A culture is strong when people work with each other, for each other. A culture is weak when people work against each other, for themselves.” – Simon Sinek, https://simonsinek.com/
- Talks that'll inspire you to unplug https://www.ted.com/playlists/435/talks_that_ll_inspire_you_to_u
- 7 Winning Tactics For Disconnecting From Work During The Holidays https://www.forbes.com/sites/danabrownlee/2019/12/10/7-winning-tactics-for-disconnecting-from-work-during-the-holidays/#3e6e550225fe
- A Petition! Let’s bring Simon Sinek to Germany! https://digitalmisfits.net/getsimon/#english