Kicking off 2020 ...
Picture showing the 2018 map for the pattern of total energy consumption across the world. Developed countries in the OECD and non-OECD Europe and Eurasia consume the highest percentage of total energy, while developing countries consume less. Seen by http://www.energymix.co.nz/our-consumption/global-consumption/
See also https://www.iea.org/ for more energy related topics and reports.
Before defining your 2020 good intentions and new goals, it might be useful to have some background understanding and information 😉. For example look into CLICKING CLEAN: WHO IS WINNING THE RACE TO BUILD A GREEN INTERNET? the Greenpeace 2017 report at http://www.clickclean.org/usa/en/ and https://cloudscene.com/news/2017/04/clicking-clean/. Gives some good insights and hints to think about.
Some more stuff below, taken from a TV report I have seen some days ago:
- Samso: World’s First 100% Renewable Energy-Powered Island Is a Beacon for Sustainable Communities https://www.ecowatch.com/samso-worlds-first-100-renewable-energy-powered-island-is-a-beacon-for-1881905310.html
- Climate-positive Burgers https://www.maxburgers.com/Home/climate-positive/climate-positive/#
- SURF THE WEB WITH NO ANNOYING ADS and to reduce energy consumption (is one of several examples/solutions) https://adblockplus.org/ (I just installed it into my Chrome and Firefox browsers)
In summary: Understand your environment, what you like to do and where you can possibly find alternative ideas to be more sustainable in the end. It is much easier than you think. Use https://www.ecosia.org/ for example, you can search in the Internet and plant trees in parallel.
To close 2019, I did summarize all my BLOG posts from 26-Jan-2019 until 31-Dec-2019 in a single PDF file, just send an email to email@example.com, if you are interested in a copy as one single eBook (354 pages).
- What’ll Happen In The Next Decade? Here Are 9 Predictions For The 2020s https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2020/01/02/whatll-happen-in-the-next-decade-here-are-9-predictions-for-the-2020s/#654abe729730
- What you read: The 10 most popular s+b articles of 2019 https://www.strategy-business.com/slideshow/What-you-read-The-10-most-popular-sb-articles-of-2019?gko=537a1
- 8 Inspiring Leadership Links for a Productive New Year https://conantleadership.com/8-inspiring-leadership-links-2020/
- The 20 New Leadership Books for 2020 https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20-new-leadership-books-2020-adam-grant/
- Start the New Year with a simplification month https://www.strategy-business.com/blog/Start-the-New-Year-with-a-simplification-month?gko=f881a
- Want to join the WORLD HAPPINESS AWARDS? See https://www.happinessawards.world/
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi, Indian - Leader October 2, 1869 - January 30, 1948, https://www.biography.com/activist/mahatma-gandhi