The Trillion Dollar Club ...
Picture provided by Howmuch.net at https://howmuch.net/articles/companies-trillion-dollar-club
What do the four have in common? All US based in the technology area, the did disrupt their market with new products or approaches, all four are offering platforms and three make a lot of money with Cloud solutions - Azure, AWS, Google.The four companies have been founded in the last 45 years - Apple (1976), Microsoft (1975), Amazon (1994) and Alphabet/Google (1998).
The next disrupter, founded in the current millenium in 2003, did just go up to Rank #2 this week in the list of Top 25 Automakers by Market Cap, not a surprise it is TESLA, https://ww.electrek.co/2020/01/22/tesla-tsla-market-100-billion-musk-compensation-plan/#. 17 years in an industry, where the top 5 competitors have been founded between 1908 - 1937, and starting from scratch with a completely new approach, an electric only car.
When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars people said, 'Nah, what's wrong with a horse?' That was a huge bet he made, and it worked. -- Elon Musk, South African - Businessman Born: June 28, 1971, https://www.biography.com/business-figure/elon-musk
Rank #2 is just by Market Cap and not sold cars per year or other significant Automotive industry parameters, but Elon must be doing some stuff right, if you like him or not.
- Simon Sinek on being a visionary in The Infinite Game https://www.virgin.com/richard/holly-sam-0/simon-sinek-being-visionary-infinite-game
- This company grows crops inside, stacked on top of one another https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/09/vertical-farming-agriculture-aerofarms/
- Harvard Study: Doing 1 Thing Well (That Most Stink At) Will Dramatically Improve Your Emotional Intelligence https://www.inc.com/scott-mautz/harvard-study-doing-1-thing-well-that-most-stink-at-will-dramatically-improve-your-emotional-intelligence.html
- Innovating in traditional retail markets https://www.strategy-business.com/article/Innovating-in-traditional-retail-markets?gko=bd304
- The Skills Companies Need Most in 2020—And How to Learn Them (includes free training until 31-Jan-20) https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/skills-companies-need-most-2020and-how-learn-them-lazzaroni-pate/