Best of everything ...
Sounds like, not to follow a standard way of Waterfall project management, when you cannot move out the delivery date anymore, you cut down the scope instead. Might be better in an Agile approach, as you do not have a detailed plan, but a MVP (minimum viable product) that has been agreed with the main customers? And increase is not just additional resources, it could also be a smarter way of doing things (e.g. simplification, cross-functional teams, DevOps, etc.).
27-Jan-20 was the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, http://auschwitz.org/en/home-page75/, has to be remembered by our children and grandchildren, especially in Germany. Some more insights in a TED talk - My story of magic, kindness and survival during the Holocaust https://www.ted.com/talks/werner_reich_my_story_of_magic_kindness_and_survival_during_the_holocaust
28-Jan is the yearly European Data Protection Day, see details at https://www.coe.int/en/web/data-protection/home
And two more links for the two great guys who passed away last week:
- The Essential Clayton Christensen Articles https://hbr.org/2020/01/the-essential-clayton-christensen-articles
- Keep Shooting Your Shot: A Kobe Bryant Memory And A Lesson In Greatness https://www.forbes.com/sites/donyaeger/2020/01/27/keep-shooting-your-shot-a-kobe-bryant-memory-and-a-lesson-in-greatness
I would like people to recognize in looking at my story that the person who has the most to do with what happens to you is you. It's not the environment, it's not the other people who were there trying to help you or trying to stop you. It's what you decide to do and how much effort you put behind it. -- Ben Carson, American - Scientist Born: September 18, 1951, https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/ben-carson-5393.php
- TEDWomen 2019: Why winning doesn't always equal success https://www.ted.com/talks/valorie_kondos_field_why_winning_doesn_t_always_equal_success
- TED Playlist: The most popular talks of 2019 https://www.ted.com/playlists/728/the_most_popular_talks_of_2019
- How This Fast-Growing Company Built an Employer Brand That Attracts the Right Candidates https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/employer-brand/2020/how-fast-growing-company-built-great-employer-brand
- PERIODIC TABLE OF DEVOPS TOOLS (interesting approach) https://xebialabs.com/periodic-table-of-devops-tools/
- The Four Ns Of Career Change: How To Make Them Work For You https://www.forbes.com/sites/rebeccafraserthill/2020/01/26/the-four-ns-of-career-change/#78d0db3631f7