Digital Demo Day 2020
Quick celebration to start with. Today we reached a new 5 week average of weekly readers. The new record is 3,804. An increase of 500 compared to the last record. THANK YOU 😉👍👍.
Coming back to yesterday. Some interesting startups to begin with (some might be German only):
- SUCCESS THROUGH DIGITAL MINDSET https://talentdigital.eu/
- THE FUTURE OF TRAINING https://www.weltenmacher.de/home-en/
- The new way of building digital talent https://edyoucated.org/en/
- Digital trainer for manual work procedures https://www.how.fm/
- PERFORMANCE & COLLABORATION https://www.lutherone.com/
- High Performing Teams https://www.monday.rocks/en/home/
Then the highlights of the speeches I listened to. It started with Annina Hering from Indeed https://twitter.com/AnninaHering, an Economist making use of Indeed's big data to give some insights about the future of work. An easy research when you can rely on 250 million monthly visitors doing a job search. You can investigate the results at https://www.hiringlab.org/de/ in several languages for different countries. Interesting material and Annina is a really nice person, I had a chat with her in the queue for having a sweet waffle.
Next was Marcus Stahl from Boxine GmbH. If you have younger children or grand-children, you might know the Toniebox? Marcus is one of the two founders https://tonies.com/about-us/. Seems to be a very successful concept and product, but I am still not fully getting the idea, might be easier when you are between 2 - 10 years old 🙂.
Finally Frank Thelen from Freigeist, https://frank.io/en/vita/, kind of the top act of the day. He definitely knows, what he is talking about, even when you do not agree with everything he is sharing, but he is not as approachable as Annina for example. Frank is promoting the 10xDNA, "the next 10 - 20 years will be the most challenging in mankind, but we do not understand exponential growth." More notes and key messages below:
- Key technologies are
- 5G, cloud computing & edge, 3D Printing - adaptive production
- Blockchain / DLTS, trust build into the data
- A. I., still in an early stage, but will grow exponential
- Quantum computing, gene editing, CHRISPR-CAS9
- leading to an appstore in your brain, Neuralink https://www.neuralink.com/
- Good is the biggest enemy of Great
- Do not follow others, just to see their butts
- Corporates will not lead the way into new technology, not able to do paradigm shifts
- Use first principle thinking to solve a global problem
- Believe in Wright's & Moore's law
- Build a diversified team that shares your vision
- Believe in visionary founders
Digital Demo Day 2021 will be on 09-Feb-2021.