Just apply some more common sense ...
It is understandable that Governments, Federal Institutes and Universities are trying to inform the public as objective as possible, to get/keep the virus under control and to avoid any panic reaction. But this approach is not dramatic enough and nothing to make money with. So the stories need to be much more eye-catching, as you can find it in newspapers and/or social media.
Below a collection of links and dashboards that provide a good overview:
- Johns Hopkins University https://systems.jhu.edu/research/public-health/ncov/
- Robert Koch Institut https://www.rki.de/EN/Home/homepage_node.html
- Worldometer https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int/
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins Dashboard https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
So apply some more common sense and use the known hygiene standards, like washing hands properly and regularly. With Spring time and temperatures coming up shortly it will be more difficult for the virus to be spread. But it is clear that people who are personally impacted or have a case in the close family or group of friends see this differently, no doubt about this.
Some more details about e.g. numbers, to get a better perspective:
- Causes of Death https://ourworldindata.org/causes-of-death
- How the fatality rate of Coronavirus changes with age https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/coronavirus-covid19-cov2-wuhan-china-virus-disease-risks-fatality-rates
- Seth Godin's Blog: Thoughts on a virus https://seths.blog/2020/03/thoughts-on-a-virus/
The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. -- Thomas A. Edison, American - Inventor February 11, 1847 - October 18, 1931, http://www.thomasedison.com/biography.html
- 4 Japanese Concepts to Transform Your State of Mind https://medium.com/cambium/4-japanese-concepts-to-transform-your-state-of-mind-243911ba36b3
- Sweden is a top performer on well-being. Here’s why https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/05/sweden-is-a-top-performer-on-well-being-here-s-why
- What makes us happy? AI scanned 700,000 journal entries to find out https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/artificial-intelligence-understanding-happiness-mental-health
- 10 Eye-Catching LinkedIn Profile Headlines to Inspire Your Own https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/linkedin-best-practices/2016/4-recruiters-with-eye-catching-linkedin-profile-headlines