Build a tower, build a team
Pasta provided by https://pixabay.com/photos/noodles-spaghetti-pasta-yellow-1631863/
Today we had our bi-weekly one hour break again and we did look into the Spaghetti Tower Marshmallow Challenge with two teams of 4 people each.
"The basic idea is that a team is given a handful of supplies to work with — spaghetti, tape, and string — and given 18 minutes to build the tallest possible tower that can SUPPORT a marshmallow." Much more details and insights at https://tinkerlab.com/spaghetti-tower-marshmallow-challenge/.
- Fail fast, fail often
- Run as much as possible iterations
- Do not waste time with detailed planning, just do it ...
- Do not forget that the marshmallow has to go on the top in the end
- Do not underestimate the weight of the marshmallow
- Do not forget it is a team effort and you should have some fun by doing it 😉
In two weeks we will be looking into the Management 3.0 practices and an overview of the tools provided. I did already prepare a 2 minute introduction mysimpleshow explainer video, https://www.mysimpleshow.com/, as a starting point for the colleagues. Below some reference material, just in case you are interested:
- Website: https://management30.com/
- Academy: https://academy.management30.com/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAHP0ZOHWb9K2vG9wD0csvw
- Practices: https://management30.com/practice/
Each minute you spend convincing others that your idea is remarkable is one minute less actually making it remarkable. -- Jurgen Appelo, https://www.slideshare.net/jurgenappelo/35-best-quotes-from-management-30-workout