Do more faster ...
We have to take even more action faster, to get ahead of the exponential outbreak curve of the Coronavirus. See a great simulation that proves the need for further social distancing https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/
Governments are taking action, but not always properly aligned with each other. Especially in Europe with a lot of different countries and common boarders. Companies are taking action as well, to provide the basic supply for the population and to protect their employees.
The UEFA Euro Soccer Championship is moved to 2021, the French Open tennis tournament just postponed until September, but the 2020 Summer Olympics in Japan starting 24-Jul-20 are still on. Interesting views and expectations to the near future.
As home office is one of the answers to keeping the business up and running, the best possible tools and ways of working get much more priority now. Some examples to review:
- How To Make Telecommuting Work For You https://www.forbes.com/sites/shelcyvjoseph/2020/03/16/how-to-make-remote-work-work
- Five Ways To Work Mindfully In The Era Of Coronavirus https://www.forbes.com/sites/karlynborysenko/2020/03/16/five-ways-to-work-mindfully-in-the-era-of-coronavirus
- 4 Ways You Can Give Your Remote Workforce a Sense of Togetherness https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/work-flexibility/2020/ways-you-can-make-remote-workers-feel-included
- 10 Ways To Use Working Remotely Or Self-Quarantining As An Opportunity https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmichelson2/2020/03/14/10-ways-to-use-working-remotely-or-self-quarantining-as-an-opportunity
- And to keep your kids at home happy and informed https://ed.ted.com/
And to close for today:
- TED: How can we control the coronavirus pandemic? https://www.ted.com/talks/adam_kucharski_how_can_we_control_the_coronavirus_pandemic
- TED Playlist: Talks for when you're having an existential crisis https://www.ted.com/playlists/720/ted_talks_for_when_you_re_having_an_existential_crisis