My week 12-2020 summary
Perfect fitting story provided by Incidental Comics, see the full picture at http://www.incidentalcomics.com/2020/03/hope.html
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein, German - Physicist March 14, 1879 - April 18, 1955, https://www.history.com/topics/inventions/albert-einstein
In the 4th week of the climate lenting - fasting for climate protection and climate justice initiative, the focus area is consumption of electronics. Definitely difficult in the current situation, when the majority of the people is in the home office and all school kids are depending on digital teaching methods, until the Easter holidays start in 2 weeks from now. But there are still some opportunities for digital detox by reading a book or playing a board game. The other idea is to recyle mobile phones, to reclaim valuable raw materials.
- What to do with MOBILE PHONES? https://www.recyclenow.com/what-to-do-with/mobile-phones-0
- Recycling Your Old Cell Phone: Here's What Happens https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/recycle-cellphones-ewaste-what-happens/
- Fairphone: We care for people and planet https://www.fairphone.com/en/story/
Yesterday we had the topic about "giving applause to the many doctors and nurses working in the hospitals" and all the other system relevant professions, like e.g. police, firefighters, care workers, vendors and cashiers. Only applause does not pay them food and rent, so an appropriate salary is urgently required, especially for nurses and care workers where it is not the case in the moment. With all the money that the governments are currently investing to stabilize the economy and markets, there must be additional money for the ones bearing the heaviest load right now. Now is the time to act 👍.
Some more links for the coming week:
- TED: What we do (and don't) know about the coronavirus https://www.ted.com/talks/david_heymann_what_we_do_and_don_t_know_about_the_coronavirus
- TED Playlist: The importance of self-care https://www.ted.com/playlists/299/the_importance_of_self_care
- Robots And Drones Are Now Used To Fight COVID-19 https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2020/03/18/how-robots-and-drones-are-helping-to-fight-coronavirus/#16b9b0252a12
- How The COVID-19 Pandemic Is Fast-Tracking Digital Transformation In Companies https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2020/03/17/how-the-covid-19-pandemic-is-fast-tracking-digital-transformation-in-companies/#251ab260a8ee
And just in case you are missing some hope and motivation, learn from others who know how to handle these situations, see NICK VUJICIC at https://nickvujicic.com/
I'm the world 'Guinness Book of Records' holder of 1,749 hugs in one hour. My arms fell off. -- Nick Vujicic, Australian - Clergyman Born: December 4, 1982, The most inspirational video you will ever see Nick Vujicic, https://youtu.be/zOzsjEmjjHs