Helpful tools ...
Picture by https://www.pentoz.com/
Looking at the picture, talking to international colleagues and reading the news from different countries, the current situation was not to be anticipated by the politicians and markets. There are different approaches to react to it with different results in every country. #StayHome and #KeepDistance as adviced by the WHO https://www.who.int/ and RKI https://www.rki.de/EN/Home/homepage_node.html
As the majority of the people was forced to change from physical to virtual interaction in basically no time, experience with this situation is missing everywhere. Here some helpful tools, not only software applications 😉, to look at:
- 8 Open Source Tools For Home Office And Remote Work https://morethandigital.info/en/8-open-source-tools-for-home-office-and-remote-work/
- Your Visual Collaboration Workspace https://conceptboard.com/
- DISC Styles of the Corleone Family https://discpersonalitytesting.com/blog/disc-styles-of-the-corleone-family/
- How to Get Better at Reading People from Different Cultures https://hbr.org/2018/09/how-to-get-better-at-reading-people-from-different-cultures
- Management 3.0 Practices https://management30.com/practice/
As my colleagues and I are forced to stay in the Homeoffice as well, we did review the Management 3.0 Practices today in our bi-weekly one hour break, to see which of them could be useful for our new way of working remotely. We did create a 1st Top 3 list, but will ask colleagues who could not make it today for their opinion as well.
P.S.: A FREE remote conference on remote work - 07-Apr-20, https://www.remotecon.org/index.html