Suddenly it works ...
My wife did host knitting workshops for teachers, kind of mindfulness training during a quick break, some weeks ago face-to-face. Today she had the 1st video conference session, due to social distancing.
The closed schools are driving the need for home schooling, leading to a much faster digital transformation in schools, what was urgently required anyway, but the speed was not fast enough so far. Now every teacher has to get familiar with the available technology to support the kids at home. Finally.
Companies are facing the same issues with most of their employees in the homeoffice. Besides the pure technical challenges there are a lot of leadership requirements to fulfill with distributed teams. The faster they get used to it the better. Some helpful links below:
- 8 Leadership Links for Uncertain Times https://conantleadership.com/8-leadership-links-for-uncertain-times/
- Working from Home Advice: 10 Tips to Improve Productivity https://www.ccl.org/articles/leading-effectively-articles/working-from-home-advice-10-tips/
- 15 DISCUSSION TOPICS THAT STRENGTHEN TEAMS DURING STRESS https://leadershipfreak.blog/2020/03/31/15-discussion-topics-that-strengthen-teams-during-stress/
- What can corporations do to help navigate the storm that is COVID-19? https://www.unisg.ch/en/wissen/newsroom/aktuell/rssnews/meinung/2020/maerz/help-navigate-the-storm-that-is-covid-19-30maerz2020
- Ribknit’s flat knitted masks await certification for COVID-19 fight https://www.knittingindustry.com/ribknits-flat-knitted-masks-await-certification-for-covid19-fight/
- TED Playlist: How to get into a work-from-home mindset https://www.ted.com/playlists/736/how_to_get_into_a_work_from_home_mindset