Are you bored?
Bored Rhino provided by https://pixabay.com/photos/rhino-boring-animals-zoo-nature-2204784/
With 100% homeoffice for 6+ weeks in the meantime, very reduced face-to-face interaction with colleagues if any interaction is possible/allowed at all, people are realizing slight changes in their work environment. Some are talking about increased productivity others are just bored.
"Bored workers are 2 times more likely to leave a company than those who are not bored" according to the 2016 Udemy Workplace Boredom Study https://research.udemy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2016-Udemy-Workplace-Boredom-Study.pdf
"More women are bored at work than men", what might also be related to the Gender Pay Gap, see some U.S. data at https://lendedu.com/blog/cities-states-gender-pay-gap/
Udemy is offering a lot of other reports that might contain solutions for the boredom problem? Maybe Online Education, Workplace - Happiness, Distraction, Boundaries and Stress, or closing Skills Gaps? https://research.udemy.com/research-reports/
- You're Not Burnt-Out. You're Bored-Out https://www.inc.com/melissa-lamson/8-ways-to-conquer-bore-out.html
- Boreout Syndrome – The Total Opposite to Burnout https://exploringyourmind.com/boreout-syndrome-the-total-opposite-to-burnout/
- Burnout vs boreout https://nesslabs.com/burnout-vs-boreout
I personally can recommend to better understand yourself, just lately I mentioned the IKIGAI test as one example. But you could also look closer into one of the Management 3.0 practices - Moving Motivators - https://management30.com/practice/moving-motivators/. A good way to understand your intrinsic motivation and how it changes with influence from the outside. Finally in the mindset of lifelong learning, close a skills gap or learn something new, like I am doing it in the moment https://shiftup.work/qualification/.
Anyway you have to realize 1st that you are bored and have to make a change, the 2nd step is easy, as there are endless ideas and opportunities out there to get better over time 😉. https://management30.com/happiness-at-work/ - HAVE FUN ...
- The 3 qualities of the most effective team players https://ideas.ted.com/the-3-qualities-of-the-most-effective-team-players/
- Captain Tom Moore gets special Royal Mail postmark to celebrate 100th birthday https://www.thejournal.ie/captain-tom-moore-stamp-5084497-Apr2020/
- 19 Stunning Images of Abandoned Things Being Reclaimed by Nature https://interestingengineering.com/19-stunning-images-of-abandoned-things-being-reclaimed-by-nature
- LinkedIn’s AI generates candidate screening questions from job postings https://venturebeat.com/2020/05/01/linkedins-ai-generates-candidate-screening-questions-from-job-postings/
- TED: 3 ways to measure your adaptability — and how to improve it https://www.ted.com/talks/natalie_fratto_3_ways_to_measure_your_adaptability_and_how_to_improve_it
When you pay attention to boredom it gets unbelievably interesting. -- Jon Kabat-Zinn, American - Educator Born: June 5, 1944, https://www.mindfulnesscds.com/pages/about-the-author