Required changes ...
Picture by Oxford Leadership at https://www.oxfordleadership.com/
Background of the picture is an Oxford Leadership article from 2017, Leadership 4.0 in the “Digital Age”, https://www.oxfordleadership.com/leadership-4-0-in-the-digital-age/
"The trend in the digital world is shifting from “IQ” to “weQ” – that is, to collaborating in highly networked organisations. Change management (whether focusing on digital transformation, embracing a new management culture, or developing a modern recruiting strategy) begins with a clear focus." quote from the article mentioned above.
Networked organisations and new management culture means CHANGE for the existing line manager organization, one of the topics I am currently working on in my daily job.
Let's take a side-step to Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics:
"The second law of thermodynamics states the total entropy of a closed system cannot decrease. However, within a system, entropy of one system can decrease by raising entropy of another system." https://www.thoughtco.com/definition-of-entropy-604458
Now do a Copy and Transfer of this Entropy idea to the overall available management / leadership theories - are you still with me 😎? - and you will possibly realize that the magic of new stuff is in the combination of already existing ideas. What I am trying today 🙃:
Take the Oxford Leadership article for the employees and combine it with the GRIP idea - "GRIP (GRIP: Growing Responsive Impact Patterns) is a framework that focuses on responsive leaders, who are responsible for maximizing ownership on customer impact in one or more selfmanaging teams." - to have all involved parties covered in the future, why not? See:
- WHAT IS AGILE LEADERSHIP? https://www.agileacademy.nl/en/agile-leadership/
- Download the GRIP whitepaper https://content.demand-on.com/acton/media/31254/grip-whitepaper
Looking for easier content, check this:
- FORTUNE: 40 Under 40 https://fortune.com/40-under-40/
- TED Playlist: Talks to kickstart your next career https://www.ted.com/playlists/622/talks_to_kickstart_your_next_career
- 10 Books That Will Transform Your Career In Under An Hour https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauragarnett/2020/09/01/10-books-that-will-transform-your-career-in-under-an-hour
- LIVING FOR SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOURSELF: THE OBSESSION OF SUCCESSFUL LEADERS https://leadershipfreak.blog/2020/09/02/living-for-something-bigger-than-yourself-the-obsession-of-successful-leaders/
“That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” -- Steve Jobs, taken from http://www.planetofsuccess.com/blog/2016/inspiring-focus-quotes/