Estimate and measure ...
My day was all around this topic. It started with another Shiftup webinar "Estimate and Measure - Part 2: minimize work; maximize value". Slides will be available on SlideShare (Scribd starting 24-Sep-20) shortly. See already available decks here: https://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?searchfrom=header&q=shiftup
Then the working day with a lot of estimation and measurement as well, finished by an interview with a candidate for an Intern position. In these kind of interviews you measure the skills and expertise level versus your target, and estimate if the candidate could be a good fit for the team and project.
In the Internet goal setting, performance management and somehow related content was a key topic today, see:
- Stretch or safe? The art of setting goals for your teams https://www.strategy-business.com/blog/Stretch-or-safe-The-art-of-setting-goals-for-your-teams
- The New Manager’s Guide to Performance Management https://medium.com/swlh/the-new-managers-guide-to-performance-management-db5dd814fa6
- How to Survive Working From Home in The Covid-19 Era https://www.psycom.net/coronavirus-working-from-home-mental-health
- How Kim Jong Un Made Me A Better Leader https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-kim-jong-un-made-me-better-leader-dr-travis-bradberry/
- New LinkedIn Data Shows People Are Paying Attention to Companies Talking About Diversity https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/trends-and-research/2020/linkedin-data-shows-people-paying-attention-to-companies-talking-about-diversity
"In my estimation, there are four kinds of people that live on this earth: average, good, great, and phenomenal. Phenomenal is like Mother Theresa. She's dead, but we still talk about her on a regular basis. That's phenomenal." -- Eric D. Thomas, https://etinspires.com/meeteric
P.S.: TED Playlist: How to run a company like a visionary https://www.ted.com/playlists/464/how_to_run_a_company_like_a_vi