My week 06-2021 summary
Picture taken from TODAY article Why a baby at the Nasdaq opening is such a big deal
"Bumble CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd is making history in more ways than one. The 31-year-old self-made billionaire became the youngest female CEO to ever take a company public on Wednesday as she rang NASDAQ’s opening bell from Bumble’s Austin-based offices. ... In the last year, 559 companies have gone public in the U.S. with just three, including Bumble, founded by women."
Perfect fit to the topic of this week - International Day of Women and Girls in Science. Some more content and interesting material below:
- 7 Ways To Stand Out So Your Employer Notices Your Good Work
- LOVE this incredible poster paying tribute to nine female leads by artist by Karen Hallion
- NASCAR's first Arab American female driver to make her debut at Daytona International Speedway
- Exclusive: Dr. Tarika Barrett To Succeed Reshma Saujani As Girls Who Code CEO
- LeanInAgile For Women By Women
- The Women in Agile community
My wife and I did try the online ballroom dancing course of our club for the first time today. It takes some time to get back in after a 3 month break and the living room is not the perfect place for dancing, but we did get used to a lot of stuff during the nearly 12 month COVID-19 period so far, this is just one more thing 👍, let's think positive.
Positive thinking is also required for all fans of the German carnival season that starts into the last three days tomorrow. No parties, no celebration and no parades in the streets. But fans are creative and find alternatives, see one of several examples - Karneval 2021
"In the workplace, we're taught to worry about what happens if we don't have full, complete knowledge of every detail. But if you create a culture and an environment that rewards people for taking risks, even if they don't succeed, you can start changing behavior." -- Reshma Saujani
Have a great next week, stay safe and healthy:
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (12-Feb-21)
- Mapping the World’s Youngest and Oldest Countries
- 4 Steps To Using AI Ethically In Your Organization
- The Amazing Ways Wild Me Uses AI And Citizen Scientists To Help With Conservation
- Futurework: Managing Complexity With Simplicity by Doug Kirkpatrick
- Organisational mergers and acquisitions: The importance of culture change
- Announcing a New Release of SAFe 5!