Some insights about Estonia
Facts: Estonia connects the dots between Scandinavia, Central Europe and what lies to the east. Estonia's capital Tallinn is the best-preserved medieval city in Northern Europe. Estonia speaks Estonian...as well as English, Russian, Finnish and German. Estonia is about 50% forest. Estonia has a population of just 1.3 million but is larger than Denmark and Holland. Estonia is one of the least religious countries in the world. Estonia is a digital society. Estonia is #5 on the global PISA 2018 Results Web Report and #1 for Europe.
During our bi-weekly OneTeam break we had a presentation from one of our Interns today, he did study in Estonia for several month and shared some insights and learning. Really interesting to get some first hand information. Below three videos for you to dig deeper into the Estonian specifics:
- X-Road introduction - X-Road® software based solution X-tee is the backbone of e-Estonia. Invisible yet crucial, it allows the nation’s various public and private sector e-service information systems to link up and function in harmony.
- Starship Completes One Million Autonomous Deliveries - Introducing the world’s first robot delivery service for corporate and academic campuses
- Smart learning in Estonian Schools - Estonia Ministry of Education and Research
A small country with a manageable number of inhabitants provides the opportunity to try a lot of new stuff.
More new stuff:
- CEO Secrets: 'My billion pound company has no HR department'
- Shiftup video: Tips for Storytellers
- INCIDENTAL COMICS: Tangled