Teams work ...
Picture shared by European Leadership on LinkedIn
No time to write something yesterday, as I had to fix the laptop of my daughter. When the Student Syndrom meets Murphy's law and you are running Windows 10 🤪, you cannot win. In the middle of finishing a 10+ pages document that had to be delivered on the next day the laptop switched off and did not start again. As the file was luckily stored in the cloud, there was no immediate pressure, but being without the laptop for a longer period of time is no option. I assumed taking the disc out of the laptop and putting it into another one would be the fastest fix, but Windows told me differently.
Adding a new disc to a laptop or installing a larger patch can lead to a reset of the Windows bootloader. We run dual-boot with Linux, what is our main operating system at home, but this access was gone. Installing the latest patches and getting a quick access to the Linux environment again did take half a day attention, besides doing real stuff. User friendly and customer focused is something else 👎.
Tomorrow we have a bank holiday in Germany, 01-May-21 is May Day, and all shops are closed on Saturday. Free time for me and maybe some of you as well? Just in case you have some spare time and need some interesting content, see my collection below:
- LISTENING IS THE OVERLOOKED TOOL OF LEADERSHIP
- A PROMOTION IS LIKE A DOG CHASING A CAR – NOW WHAT
- 3 Best Practices for Improving Employee Retention
- WATCH THE WORLD’S LARGEST AIRCRAFT TAKE OFF IN THE DESERT
- 7 Leadership Strategies that Build Trust with Your Remote Team
- Boredom is a job killer — we need an “interest” stimulus
- You Get The Talent That You Pay for!
- The 4 Ways of Leading, the states of consciousness leaders
- Dale Vince has a winning strategy for sustainability
- Asia-Pacific’s rebalancing act
- What’s Your Purpose? Four Questions To Reset On A More Meaningful Future
- Incidental Comics: How To Fight Burnout
- Adam Grant new TED Talk: What frogs in hot water can teach us about thinking again
- TED Playlist: Tips to help you set and reach your goals
"There are two types of decisions: good decisions and lessons learned." -- Simon Sinek