Motherhood and Agile Part II
Picture taken from Modern Agile homepage
"Modern Agile is a community for people interested in uncovering better ways of getting awesome results. It leverages wisdom from many industries, is principle driven and framework free." --Joshua Kerievsky, CEO, Industrial Logic
The statement above and the 4 principles have a lot in common with, what mothers are doing on a daily basis:
- Make People Awesome -- the plan that mothers have for their kids anyway
- Make Safety a Prerequisite -- the key motivation of parents, when they have kids 😉
- Experiment & Learn Rapidly -- there are no training classes for parents, learn fast is key
- Deliver Value Continuously -- for the kids and with the kids on a daily basis
The central idea of the framework is to offer decision-makers a “sense of place” to view their perceptions in dealing with a situation or problem. Not all situations are equal, and this framework helps to define which response is required for a given situation or problem.
It is an excellent model to help categorise the situation and assists in setting out how we can approach these different situations, explaining the characteristics of each category to help us recognise and define the current situation.
There are so many decisons to be taken every day, when you are a mother, a father or parents. Good to have some helping hands and ideas. More to come ...
- TED Playlist: How to sustain meaningful relationships (near and far)
- Building workforce skills at scale to thrive during—and after—the COVID-19 crisis
- Help your employees find purpose—or watch them leave
"Being a mother is not a 'bug or penalty' in business, but a key-feature for future leadership and success" -- Eve Simon
Happy Mother's Day 🤩👍