Fireplace Talks ...
Picture found on Pixabay
Instead of doing a team Christmas event during the packed December timeframe, we all decided to do a much more relaxed after New Year Fireplace Talk. This talk was today and covered a lot of topics - horses, motorcycles, holiday trips, different cities in our area and finally age. Participants were between 38 and 59. One women is becoming 60 next week and another one 40 in early February.
Interesting, what numbers do with people and their surrounding environment. With 40 the family pressure to get kids is nearly over and people with 60+ are already preparing for their retirement, are some of the more common biases 🙃. Here a statistic about the average life expectation by country and region for example.
If you are meeting the average is difficult to forecast and mostly out of your influence anyway. If you want to be conform to the preconception is up to you!! I did cover some of these topics in my 29-Feb-20 post about "The child that lives within you" already. With a growth mindset, lifelong learning and openness to change, you are well prepared 👍.
- Elder Wisdom Isn’t What You Think It Is (Podcast with Achim Nowak and guests)
- TED Talk: 3 ways to practice civility | Steven Petrow
- Marjorie Schiller biography
- Let’s Unfix Team Topologies
- MANAGEMENT RULES DURING CONSTANT CRISIS
- Do sweat the small stuff when it comes to inclusion
- How to jump-start innovation and organizational change
- How to Think about Skill Building
"Whether we're conscious of it or not, our work and personal lives are made up of daily rituals, including when we eat our meals, how we shower or groom, or how we approach our daily descent into the digital world of email communication." -- Chip Conley, American - Businessman Born: October 31, 1960