Find the root cause of any problem ...
Picture taken from 5 Whys – How To Find & Fix Problems In Your Diet, Fitness, Business & Life
When you have kids, you possibly remember the time when they were asking questions the whole day? Every answer you gave was followed by another WHY, their early root cause analysis.
Another use case is Jobs-to-be-Done for example. Several times asking WHY helps to really understand the customer need. Interested in more details, see the Shiftup slideshare - Find the Job-to-be-Done. Pains, gains, needs, and wants - page 5.
The root cause topic came up during a discussion today, about the next Inspect & Adapt retrospective. "The Inspect and Adapt (I&A) is a significant event, held at the end of each Program Increment (PI), where the current state of the Solution is demonstrated and evaluated by the train. Teams then reflect and identify improvement backlog items via a structured, problem-solving workshop."
- What Are Some Popular Root Cause Analysis Methods?
- INITIATIVE: 4 WAYS TO ACT WITHOUT PERMISSION
- 5 STEPS TO TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE
- Want A Purpose-Driven Business? Know The Difference Between Mission And Purpose
- The True Size of Africa
- Comic: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?